Job #: 2016
Title: Administrative Assistant III
Location: Tualatin, OR
Job Length: 6+ Month Contract
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The Administrative Assistant V provides operational support to Planning Scheduling Line Dispatch related to Right of Way and other permitting, and locate requests. May interpret permitting needs for Outage and Damage work types within a Region, and prepare appropriate sketches necessary to obtain permits. Manages post-construction notification to jurisdictions and coordinates appropriate follow-up work to ensure compliance with municipal expectations of site restoration.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Post Construction Coordination: 30%
• Evaluate job status and coordinate/update completion activities (follow up on NJUNS, post-landscaping, pull pole follow-up, and post-construction notification to permit holders)
• For Outage and Damage work types, prepare sketch as required to meet after-the-fact permitting expectations
• Notify municipalities when all work has been confirmed complete
• Administer permit incident tracker
Permit Applications: 50%
• Apply for and renew Right of Way (ROW) permits, with specialized knowledge of a specific Region
• Apply for and renew permits related to Parking, Lane Closures, Street Use, and other non-ROW permits as requested by the Prerequisite Coordinator
• Prepare locate tickets
• Provide support to external locators with questions via telephone
Outage Management- As Needed
• Participate in company-wide outage drills and preparations. Work during storms or other outages to support PSLD.
• Working with limited information and a variety of external resources (municipality maps, permitting rules, franchise agreements, Google street view, etc.), ensure Client’s compliance with jurisdictional permitting and traffic management requirements
• High volume of data entry requires focus, accuracy, and speed while maintaining professionalism in correspondence and phone etiquette
• Independently making appropriate decisions and knowing when to seek other expertise.
• Multitasking- utilizing and navigating computer applications each day that vary in complexity
• Applying good problem-solving skills under time pressures.
• Recognize and adapt to diverse work groups and customer groups honoring differing beliefs and value systems.
• This can be a very fast paced environment with significant demands. Adaptability, flexibility, and change readiness is essential to meet changing priorities.
• Effective time and project management skills, balancing priorities to complete multiple assignments on-time while meeting both company and customer needs.
• Flexibility to function under tight and changing timelines.
• Flexibility to understand and react appropriately to political processes and influences.
• Typically a high school diploma plus 5+ years of experience in a progressive administrative support position, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with Client right-of-way permitting for one or more regions
• Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
• Advanced knowledge of commonly used PC based computer applications including Word, and Excel
• Intermediate knowledge of grammar, spelling, business correspondence composition.
• Intermediate knowledge of Maximo
• Ability to learn basic storm support processes in Outage Management System
• Basic knowledge of the utility industry and T&D Operations