Job #: 1
Title: Administrative Services Assistant
Locations: Portland Metro area (Including Vancouver and Beaverton)
Contract Duration: Varies depending on client/position (Typically 6 months, 1 year or 1+ years)
Application Deadline: Ongoing needs
To Apply: To be considered for upcoming positions please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide our clients information technology, administrative and engineering personnel in a variety of ways. Our services include contract labor, contract-to-hire, permanent placement services and pay-rolling services. Our experienced team are exceptional at locating and qualifying excellent professionals in a wide range of technical and administrative roles.
Common Position Responsibilities include:
- Provide a wide variety of confidential administrative/clerical tasks for the managers and staff for the assigned organization, managers and support staff.
- Answer and screen telephone calls; respond to most questions and complete most business involving established policy or routine matters; forward questions and matters to appropriate personnel as needed, following up to verify a timely response.
- Serve as back-up to Tier II and Tier IV level Executive Assistants as needed
- Proactively coordinate managers’ daily Outlook calendars and schedules with full responsibility for scheduling and prioritizing Tier III and IV managers’ appointments, meetings, conferences and calendar:
- Coordinate appointments, including commitments of time. Advise manager of appointments and other commitments that might have a bearing on future decisions. Demonstrate sound judgment and a solid understanding of issues when advising the manager of upcoming events.
- Organize, plan, prioritize, coordinate, schedule and verify appointments, meetings (in-person, phone conferences, web-based), conferences, and training for managers and other staff (securing rooms, phone bridges, projection, and other meeting supplies).
- Schedule and arrange meetings, conferences and training, including associated logistics and any necessary equipment (securing rooms, phone bridges, projection equipment, etc.).Assist, compile, organize and verify appropriate files, notes and other materials are in order and ready for use at meetings, appointments, etc.
- Draft agendas, coordinate speaking points, make arrangements for guest(s) / guest speakers and research and draft background information / materials as requested.
- Complete appropriate new employee on-boarding activities and retirement documentation.
- Maintain Employee Tracking Log, BFTE tracking, on-board reports, training, medical surveillance, emergency contact, and reimbursement tracking information.
- Coordinate and assist managers with development of annual managers’ and employees’ performance appraisal plans by assisting in implementing, completing, and tracking documentation management.
- Schedule and track to completion all managers’ and employees’ progress reviews, performing associated follow-up to obtain required signatures and approvals.
- Apply strong familiarity with manager’s performance contract to prioritize and track meetings, work, and delegated projects or tasks to maintain accountability and to assist in ensuring established targets are met.
- Validate on-time documentation submission to Human Capital Management (HCM) and verify all processes are tracked to completion within established timelines.
- Arrange travel, foreign and domestic, including airline arrangements, hotel accommodations, and rental car and shuttle reservations for manager and staff as required. Prepare and process travel authorizations and vouchers for Manager, Lead and employees using Concur and/or Concur travel agent. Confirm travel is complete and vouchers are processed in a timely manner, in accordance with federal and travel procedures and policies. Provide necessary foreign and domestic forms associated with travel.
- Participate on business process improvement and other special project teams, as requested by the manager.
- Maintain and update the organizational SharePoint site. To include monitoring retention policy on all SharePoint folders; establishing calendars, and content maintenance and currency.
Common Position Requirements include:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Associate’s Degree in Secretarial Science, Administrative Management or a related field is preferred.
- 4-6 years of demonstrated administrative/ clerical experience is required (Level 2 positions)
- 6+ years of demonstrated administrative/clerical experience is required. (Level 3 positions)
- 4 or more years of relevant work experience in administrative support functions with Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook are required. (Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2010 is required).
- Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, with ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must possess organizational capabilities and be able to carry out duties with little direct guidance.
- Must be able to multi-task, work as a team member, be flexible, maintain confidentiality and have good customer service skills.
- Data entry skills are essential. This position requires above average computer and typing skills to coordinate calendars, schedule meetings, and record and distribute meeting notes.
- SharePoint experience may be highly desired or required depending on position.
- Meet timelines, milestones, deliverables, and provide timely status updates as may be required.
- Expected to work collaboratively and in a team environment
- Must demonstrate sound judgment, confidentiality, and a solid understanding of issues when advising the manager of upcoming events