Job #: 8638
Title: System Administrator 3
Location: Vancouver, WA
Duration : 1+ yr. contract ( multi-year)
Application Deadline: 9/26/18
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship REQUIRED
Immediate opening for contract System Administrator 3 to work within Operational Infrastructure (TTOI) subgroup within Transmission Technology (TT) group in the Transmission Services (T) business line of our large Portland client. This department provides hardware maintenance lifecycle support for the client Control Center systems. TTOI also provides General Support System (GSS) infrastructure maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, emergency response, client support, system energization/acceptance testing, and performance analysis and trending.
- Configuring applicable software and systems, maintaining local documentation, installing/updating/removing software, applying change control processes and procedures, planning and preparing for future growth, trouble-shooting and resolving technical issues, and performing system-related training for the following systems:
- Solarwinds server administration
- Vulnerability Scanning, including Nessus
- Cyber Vulnerability Assessment and Mitigation Research
- Implementation, design, and maintenance of least privileged and role based access control models
- Patch Management
- Server Virtualization, i.e. Hyper-V, VMWare vSphere
- Network Virtualization, i.e. VMWare NSX, Cisco ACI
- Antivirus, antimalware, and malicious code prevention
- Data storage services, i.e. Nexgen, vSan, network attached storage arrays
- Display infrastructure
- Laptops and portable devices
- Software deployment services
- Virtualization infrastructure
- Windows & Linux operating systems
- Windows infrastructure, i.e. active directory, group policy, PKI, et al
- Print services
- In-house developed applications
- Central time distribution
- File services
- Linux infrastructure
- SMTP relay services
- Non-production workstations
- Research, test and draft / document standardized technical procedures for the deployment of server and workstation computer hardware and associated operating systems; organize, store and dispose of superseded documents in accordance with Information Governance & Lifecycle Management (IGLM) standards.
- Perform regular assessments of newly discovered vulnerabilities on a wide range of operational network devices, computer systems devices and various software packages. Document patch and vulnerability applicability assessments and recommend vulnerability mitigation options.
- Implement, design, and maintain least privileged and role based access control models
- Research, test and document standardized technical procedures for the deployment of server and workstation computer hardware and associated operating systems for final review and approval by client manager /staff.
- Respond to help desk client support calls utilizing change management software to process and complete the tasks necessary for resolution of technical client issues; unusually complex issues may include involvement of the appropriate client manager or team lead.
- Manage files / filing system(s) in accordance with compliance requirements. File and disperse documents/letters as appropriate. Validate that all official records are accurately maintained for auditing purposes. Maintain file records in accordance with the Information Governance & Lifecycle Management (IGLM) standards and procedures.
- Provide advice and recommendations for process / procedural changes that may become necessary due to system changes, upgrades, etc. to appropriate client manager / team lead / client stakeholders.
- Provide input and recommendations, to the client manager, technical lead and staff, regarding computer infrastructure decisions and create tasks to fulfill management-directed goals.
- Support and assist the client team lead and North American Electric Reliability Corporation - Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC-CIP) subject matter experts (SMEs) with implementing, analyzing, and reporting on the operational compliance of all Control Center cyber assets.
- Develop, draft and recommend improvements to the Control Center’s procedures and processes for compliance with client and NERC-CIP standards and policies.
- Develop, draft and recommend improvements to the Control Center’s procedures and processes for client Grid Modernization project, as well as other capital and expense projects.
- Assist client management with the implementation and promotion of approved operational compliance process improvement efforts, specifically as relates to the administration of the above referenced systems.
Requirements Education & Corresponding Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a directly-related technical discipline is desired (Associate’s degree in specified or directly-related field can substitute for 2 years required experience – see below).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a directly-related technical discipline is preferred (Bachelor’s degree in specified or directly-related field can substitute for 4 years related experience – see below)
- Related Experience: A minimum combination of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training is required. Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of Computer/Information Technology or related field and progressively more technical in nature. Applicable Associates or Bachelor’s degrees, as defined above may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirements:
- Minimum Related Experience: This is a Level 3 Position: 10+ years previous directly-related IT infrastructure administration experience is required without a degree. (6+ years experience with an applicable Bachelor’s degree; 8+ years experience with an applicable Associates degree).
- US Citizenship REQUIRED
Required Technical Skills & Experience
- Working knowledge and experience sufficient to successfully support and maintain a virtualized and converged compute environment.
- Working knowledge and experience sufficient to successfully support, maintain, and troubleshoot enterprise Windows infrastructure using active directory, group policy, Powershell, and other Windows utilities.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience setting up and administering an enterprise cyber vulnerability scanning and assessment infrastructure.
- Experience administering computer systems in a 24/7 high availability operational environment.
- Administration and maintenance of network systems infrastructure management tools or systems including anti-virus, patch deployment, log management, software deployment and backup and recovery functions.
- Experience setting up and administering Solarwinds management systems.
- Experience administrating and performing and analyzing scans using Nessus.
- Experience in researching vulnerabilities and deploying security patches in a large IT infrastructure environment.
- Windows operating systems packaging, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Administration of virtualization technologies including VMWare and Hyper-V.
- Experience with administering both network and host based firewalls.
- Experience troubleshooting LAN connectivity problems.
- Experience using specific technologies such as Splunk, Remote Desktop Services, IIS, Apache, Wireshark, App-V, Tripwire, Trend Micro, LANDesk, Sysinternals Tools, Puppet Enterprises, Checkpoint Firewall, StorageCraft ShadowProtect, HP ProLiant server hardware, KVM hardware, PowerShell.
- Additional Requirements (not required on matrix)
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.