Title: Administrative Services Assistant 2
Job #: 9124
Location: Vancouver WA
Job Length: Multi-year opportunity with a full benefits package
This full-time Administrative Services Assistant 2 position provides a wide range of professional and confidential administrative support as well as data entry and tracking to client’s Systems Engineering (TEN) organization in the Transmission Engineering & Technical Services (TE) division. The position will support all of TEN including TENN and TENP.
- Provide a wide variety of confidential administrative/clerical support to managers and/or management staff; serve as liaison/point of contact between staff and other work groups, facilitate communication and appropriate actions; and assist with the day-to-day operations, which may include:
- Greet visitors; address questions and business involving established policy or routine matters, take messages, set appointments and/or refer visitors to other personnel as appropriate;
- Answer and screen telephone calls; respond to most questions and complete most business involving established policy or routine matters; forward complex questions and matters to appropriate personnel as needed, following up to verify a timely response;
- Process and screen incoming and outgoing correspondence to include proof reading, to consist of the following:
- Review and finalize documents and letters to verify proper formatting and accuracy.
- Prepare materials for Administrator signature, tracking delivery according to established timelines.
- As requested, sort and distribute incoming mail to appropriate recipient(s).
- Review incoming correspondence; respond to most questions and complete most business involving established policy or routine matters and/or forward matters requiring action to appropriate staff following up to verify a timely response.
- Process outgoing mail and prepare materials for mailing, including providing self-addressed stamped envelopes, when appropriate.
- Provide overall monitoring for requests for information or products and verify that responses are made in a timely fashion.
- Establish and maintain internal and external communication channels to coordinate smooth flow of information and positive working relationships.
- Perform faxing, scanning, photocopying, and work with the print shop to request printing services.
- Provide input and recommendations for potential process / procedural improvements.
- Update and maintain desk reference manual.
- Serve as backup to other Administrative Assistants as needed.
- Assist the Manager and staff in the development and draft of Standard Operating Procedures, governance, and internal control procedures as changes and processes occur; assist and promote implementation of management-approved process and procedural changes.
- Attend mandatory Administrative Team Meetings.
- Participate as a team member and in team meetings both professionally and collaboratively.
- Standardize, streamline and improve overall Administrative processes throughout the organization.
- Help resolve organizational administrative issues and work on solutions as a group.
- Complete team work assignments
- Organize, coordinate, schedule and verify appointments, meetings, conferences, and training for Managers and other staff as circumstances dictate, which may include:
- Scheduling and arranging meetings, conferences and training, including associated logistics and any necessary equipment (securing rooms, phone bridges, projection equipment, etc.).
- Informing meeting participants of arrangements and of any changes.
- Compiling, organizing and verifying appropriate files, notes and other materials are in order and ready for use at meetings, appointments, etc.
- Drafting agendas; making arrangements for guest(s) / guest speakers and researches and drafting background information / materials.
- As requested, attending and taking meeting minutes / notes, transcribing / drafting and distributing as appropriate.
- Informing manager/ staff of appointments and other commitments that might have a bearing on future decisions.
- Coordinating events such as off-site meetings, including all logistics, meeting materials and agendas.
- Assist manager in a variety of personnel and other actions for BFTE and CFTE which may include:
- Preparing CFTE employee assignment extension documents; implement, tracking documentation, and performing associated follow-up to obtain required signatures and approval.
- Assist employees and managers with completion of all required training by communicating what training is due, how to obtain training, submitting external training requests, and tracking training completion status.
- Assist manager by keeping abreast of training deadlines and necessary personnel actions.
- Set up and coordinate interviews and meetings for managers, including preparing proper access documents and escorting visitors.
- Coordinating and tracking reporting requirements and activities related to federal staff including creation/submission of travel documents and telework agreements and required training.
- Schedule and track to completion all performance appraisals, progress reviews, mid-point reviews and discussions, while performing associated follow-up to obtain requisite signatures and approvals. Validate documentation submission to Human Capital Management (HCM) is accurately completed within established timelines.
- Arrange travel (domestic, invitational and foreign), such as airline arrangements, hotel accommodations, and rental car and shuttle reservations, which may include:
- Assisting with preparing and submitting passport documentation as necessary.
- Assisting management and staff in setting up profiles in the travel system (currently Concur).
- Preparing / drafting necessary foreign and domestic forms associated with travel.
- Preparing and processing travel authorizations and vouchers for group managers and staff using Concur.
- Validating that travel is complete and processing travel documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with federal and travel procedures and policies.
- Tracking, monitoring and notifying manager and subject personnel of needed approvals, signatures or other actions to enable timely reimbursement processing and reporting.
- Coordinating and assisting managers and staff with Time & Attendance per established procedures,
- Preparing and reviewing federal personnel time and attendance reporting to verify accuracy for certification by manager(s) and supervisor(s) using our client’s Business Enterprise System (BES), HRMIS and Fieldglass.
- May serve as timekeeping power user (able to input time for others as requested).
- Maintaining and reconciling employee leave calendar submissions with payroll.
- Checking leave slips to verify accuracy using organizational leave calendars and other documentation. Verifying that time has been approved.
- Using Fieldglass, review time sheets for contract personnel to verify that reporting is accurate.
- Verifying time and attendance procedures, policies and practices, including any special time recording requirements (admin leave, holidays, etc.) are communicated to management and staff in a timely manner.
- Provide overall administrative support to staff members by acting as the liaison with HCM, IT, SLMO, Workflow Connection, Security, Safety, Motor Pool, Facilities / Space Management and administrative services groups which may include processing, coordinating, requesting and tracking:
- Office moves and workstation adjustments using Workflow Connection.
- Onboarding activities for new contract and/or federal personnel.
- Computer, software upgrades IT equipment and other resource requests.
- Computer, copier, and printer maintenance.
- Requests for needed office supplies and distribute to appropriate staff per established procedures.
- Coordination of badge return to SLMO.
- Coordination of cell phone requirements and inventory for staff, including ordering, receiving, service setup, delivery, collection.
- Assist with scheduling interviews through Fieldglass; preparing interview packets for assigned manager(s).
- Perform data entry, provide maintenance, tracking and reporting for a variety of organizational databases, PowerPoint presentations and management reports.
- Manage all records in accordance with the Information Governance & Lifecycle Management (IGLM) policy and procedure and compliance requirements:
- File and disperse documents/letters to appropriate personnel.
- Validate that official records are accurately maintained for auditing purposes.
- With oversight and approval of the manager / federal personnel, provide an annual review and inventory of official files and maintain the organizational file outline.
- May coordinate or assist with organizational and agency events such as: presentations, retirements, project or employee recognition celebrations, and CFC events.*
- May provide basic information/support to the manager by viewing/providing information utilizing the DOE E-performance management system.
Organizational Specific Responsibilities:
- Perform data entry for P-card, contracts, materials, changes and invoices.
- Drive Government vehicles to and from service appointments.
- Provide Government vehicle mileage report monthly.
Education & Corresponding Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates Degree in Secretarial Science, Administrative Management or related field is preferred.
- 4 years of demonstrated administrative/clerical experience is required.
Required Technical Skills & Experience
- 4 or more years of relevant work experience in administrative support functions with Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook (Microsoft Office 2010 proficiency required).
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Working knowledge of SharePoint or similar system.
Pre-Employment Requirement: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Founded in 2002, ieSolutions is recognized as one of the largest locally owned Talent Staffing Services company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We deliver our best each day to provide Reliable, Fair, Collaborative and Compassionate services to our customers, candidates, and employees.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Our employees receive a competitive compensation package which includes health benefits, disability insurance, access to a 401k plan, paid-time-off and a continued professional development/education benefit.
ieSolutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.