Job # 8711
Title: Business Systems Analyst 1/ SharePoint Admin
Location: Vancouver, WA
Duration: 1 yr. contract + ( multi-year)
Application due date 10/18/18
This contract Business Systems Analyst 1 position is located within client’s Contract Administration (TPCC) group within Transmission Service’s Customer Service Engineering (TPC) organization. This position will perform systems and procedural analysis and support for integrated project tracking, project documentation, and commercial business support systems for customer-driven projects from initial request to completion and close-out within TPC. This position will utilize established templates to draft and facilitate implementation of a wide range of agreements between client and its external customers in compliance with the Office of Management and Budget Circular A-123, internal procedures and Transmission Business Practices. This position will assist management in providing process and policy management guidance and will support annual program and organizational initiatives, customer satisfaction targets and contract compliance. This position will interface and collaborate with personnel from other client organizations, and provide outreach and training to system users of all disciplines and with varied technical skill levels.
You are an ideal candidate for this team if you are a self-starter, good collaborator, and have highly developed analytical skills with strong attention to detail. Good written and oral communication skills are a must to be successful.
Business Systems Analysis and Support (75% of time):
- Perform process and critical systems analysis between client’s Commercial Business Support Application (CBSA) and connecting systems that span across the Transmission business line.
- Systems include:
- Project Web Access (PWA) - a web-based application that incorporates Microsoft Project, SharePoint and Outlook applications.
- Customer Contract Management System (CCM)
- Customer Data Management System (CDM)
- Transmission Asset Portfolio Management (TAPM)
- Bonneville Enterprise System (BES)
- Asset Suite
- Assign project queue numbers in CBSA and create project workspaces in PWA for assigned new customer projects.
- Provide CBSA, PWA and CCM user training to client’s internal users from established procedures and processes (material), via Skype or in-person.
- Maintain documentation on system updates.
- Create ad-hoc queries and reports against CBSA for one-off information requests for Customer Service Engineering (TPC) and other organizations.
- Assist with testing CBSA system enhancements before they are released into production, using client established processes and under the guidance of IT and the BSA lead.
- Design, draft, review, revise and recommend changes for electronic forms and reports for the CBSA and PWA systems. Examples include project tracking and workload reports.
- Provide SharePoint administration support, including:
- Site development;
- File maintenance;
- Process management.
- Assist with identification of systems, processes and users that are impacted by potential business problems and/or solutions by performing system-user research and stakeholder outreach and communications.
- Assist with implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes by developing procedural documents and performing stakeholder outreach as needed / requested.
- Assist with design and implementation of new, or modification of existing, tools, practices and procedures to improve quality and timeliness in the execution of capital projects. This assistance may include:
- Meeting and collaborating with stakeholders and users to gather requirements;
- Identifying user and system issues and providing resolution recommendations;
- Assisting with developing procedural and user training documentation.
- Monitor customer projects to verify accurate reporting capability of project status and detail in client systems.
- Maintain an online TPC Operations Manual; provide training to TPC staff on its use as requested by client manager.
- Provide system monitoring to verify all data links and sources of records in TPC systems remain intact and functioning by using tools, such as Robohelp.
Contract Development and Administration Support (25% of time):
- Draft and format contracts and related documents in accordance with established client procedures.
- Recommend changes to management or CSEs when a deviation from standard contract formats or procedures is warranted.
- Coordinate with new customers to obtain information necessary to establish new customers in client’s customer and vendor databases.
- Confirm supporting documentation is obtained for assigned contract actions. This may include obtaining required approvals prior to submitting a contract action for review and acceptance by appropriate CSE or other federal personnel. (Note: appropriate Contract actions are based on established procedures.)
- Monitor receipt of deposits for reimbursable contracts using the PeopleSoft financials system.
- Submit work order requests to the Program Coordination (TPWP) org after the executed contract and payment are received. Disseminate executed contract, work order and payment information to all affected internal parties.
- Enter, revise and update contract data in SharePoint, PWA, CBSA, and CCM as changes are made.
- Receive customer invoices for client funded work and coordinate the review, certification and payment of such invoices by obtaining approvals from the CSE, PM or other appropriate federal personnel.
- Provide a monthly status update to the Project Management Analysis & Schedule (TEPO) organization’s point-of-contact (POC) for reimbursable contracts that have expended 70% or more of their estimated cost.
- Prepare contracts for close out upon project completion, utilizing CBSA and CCM. This requires obtaining confirmation and approvals from various internal client parties, which may include PM’s, CSE’s, Finance org’s POC, and other appropriate federal personnel.
- Assist in reimbursable program improvements by providing input and recommendations in developing, streamlining, simplifying, and documenting related processes and procedures.
Requirements Education & Corresponding Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Management or closely related discipline is preferred. (Associates degree in applicable discipline may be substituted for 2 years required experience - see below)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or a closely related discipline is highly preferred (Bachelor’s degree in applicable discipline may substitute for 4 years related experience – see below).
- Required Experience: A minimum combination of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training. Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of Information Technology, Business Administration or Management.
- This is a Level 1 Position: 6+ years previous Information Technology, Business or other closely related technical experience (or a combination thereof) is required without a degree. (2+ years required with an applicable Bachelor’s Degree; 4+ years required with an applicable Associates Degree).
Required Technical Skills & Experience
- Intermediate skills/experience with SharePoint, sufficient to support, manage, edit, and maintain sites, document repositories, workspaces, libraries, lists, views, etc.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Visio.
- Experience in process improvement initiatives.
- Experience/ability to model processes, determine requirements, analyze alternatives, and verify solutions to meet business needs.
- Analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Technical writing skills to modify, or facilitate development of design specification documents, job aids, user guides, standard operating procedures, and similar materials
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience in organizational change management methods and tools
- Experience working on projects or change initiatives including communication, marketing, and evaluation of program effectiveness
- Experience writing and managing the full lifecycle of customer contracts.