1026 – System Analyst II
Lake Oswego, OR
Duration : 1 year ( renewable)
AVP Infrastructure and Applications
Job Summary This position works closely with business and IT teams capturing system and environment requirements; including process opportunities, needs for new or enhanced capabilities, training reporting and auditing needs. This role provides systems analysis, technical design, testing, implementation, support and maintains applications software and security to enhance business processes.
This position works with IT and Project Team members to determine system requirements, makes recommendations to Project Management regarding approach and software platform. Duties also include administration, trouble-shooting and working with vendor software vendors. Focus area is on ADP Vantage HCM and related systems, processes.
- Collaborate, analyze, evaluate, design, improve and/or maintain assigned system and sub-systems. Working in conjunction with Enterprise Architect, Solution Architects, outside vendors and consultants and as needed with business stakeholders and IT team to streamline and improve system processes.
- Perform various tasks including but not limited to installing, implementing, configuring, testing, debugging, documenting, trouble shooting and setting up application integration and third party programs and systems for on-going use. Managing user/role based security and application changes in compliance with I.T. audit controls.
- Work with business analysts, technical leads, Vendors and business users to research and define requests and problems, analyze needs, review overall program/systems designs and report formats while under development, train in systems/program use and provide various types of technical assistance and information related to both software and hardware.
- Assist with daily system operations and support tasks as needed, with focus on trouble-shooting a wide variety of technical problems that may arise.Manage security and application changes per
- Keep up-to-date on relevant trends and technological developments in the rail manufacturing industry.
- Document high level and detailed system functional and technical requirements, including process flow charts, current state, future state, gaps, training materials and operational support documentation.
- Participates in the definition of project scope and objectives.
- Provide business functional support, training and reporting needs.
- Work with Project Management, IT team and end users throughout project or development life cycle to ensure key business objectives are being effectively met for area of responsibility.
- Coordinate with Project Stakeholders to facilitate successful business acceptance.
- Provides weekly written status reports to management
- Occasional travel to remote offices may be required
- Other duties as requested.
Required Education and / or Experience
- BA or BS in Business, Information Systems of Manufacturing Operations or equivalent combination of skills, experience and education. Advanced degree is helpful but not required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in information systems or similar role, at least 3 years of experience as a systems analyst or related business experience.
- Strong listening and written communication skills along with strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Strong math and research skills as well as excellent analytical/problem solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate, develop and maintain positive working relationships with all levels of business users and management as well as vendor and system related customer personnel.
- Requires advanced problem-solving skills, along with a demonstrated ability to outline and organize complex business processes into simplified steps and common language.
- Track record of driving for results and taking initiative.
Experience, knowledge, or ability in these areas a plus
- Experience with Accounting, HR, Payroll, ERP, Timekeeping and Reporting systems in a systems analyst role.
- Experience with Kronos Timekeeper or ADP Vantage DCM very desirable
- Experience with multi-national and multi-currency companies.
- Multilingual English/Spanish Speaker desirable.