Job number: 594399
Job Title: Business Intelligence Engineer
Duration: 6 Months +
Location: Down Town Portland
This position is responsible for engineering efforts in support of the Research Data Warehouse (RDW). The focus is BI solution design, development, testing and implementation of ETL using a combination of Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), T SQL queries, PL/SQL along with SQL Server and Oracle database objects.
The primary Data Source is Epic Clarity and the target is the Research Data Warehouse. This person will work with Microsoft SSIS packages and T SQL and Oracle PL/SQL to process Research and Clinical data to meet analytic requirements. This position will need to perform scoping and estimating on Data Warehouse activities. Present technical information and design proposals in easily understood terms in both verbal and written form. This position is also responsible for detailed technical analysis to assure the availability and accuracy of data processed by the ETL or contained in the Research Data Warehouse.
Key Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Microsoft SSIS and TSQL, Oracle PL/SQL support, maintenance and development
- Build and migrate SSIS projects, TSQL and database objects and perform necessary testing and validation such as unit testing during development and/or QA testing as required.
- Share SQL Server SSIS, TSQL and related development expertise and provide support to data warehouse developers, data analysts, and users in the ETL migration and support of the Research Data Warehouse environment;
- Develop and modify Oracle PL/SQL and related database objects in the ETL migration and support of the Research Data Warehouse environment;
- Participate in peer code review sessions and offer suggestions that improve performance, maintainability, and best practice compliance;
- Review and troubleshoot SSIS packages, TSQL and PL/SQL queries to address errors that occur during nightly and ad hoc processing;
- Apply updates and ensure that data are loaded into the data warehouse according to defined requirements;
- Maintain, support, and apply change data capture (CDC) processes for incremental loading of data
- Apply standard data warehouse transformation concepts for the integration, validation, and organization of data necessary for loading into a dimensional data warehouse environment.
- Perform query and process tuning and optimization
- Follow change and version control procedures
- Apply appropriate security structures and/or policies to data and/or database objects
- Make recommendations on best practices for code maintenance, deployments, and migrations specific to SSIS
- working in conjunction with SQL Server DBAs and enterprise data architects.
- Maintain and Support the Research Data Warehouse
- Modify Oracle tables, views and other database objects.
- Provide complete and consistent documentation of the data warehouse and ensure that users can determine what data are available in the warehouse, how data elements are defined, how key metrics are defined, how analyses are performed, and how information is presented in accordance with CLIENT -BIAA standards.
- Monitor and tune Data Warehouse processes to address system performance issues to ensure performance benchmarks are maintained at an acceptable level.
- Work with vendors to address any critical issues and apply code changes or fixes as needed.
- Validate Data in the Data Warehouse:
- Work with QA analysts to establish test plans that evaluate ETL performance and data quality of deliverables. Assume responsibility for mitigating all issues discovered during the QA process
- Provide support to data warehouse developers, line-of-business analysts, and users to validate data in the data warehouse. Investigate and report on problems and work to ensure the validity of the data warehouse.
- Collaborate with team members and analysts to validate data in the data warehouse.
- Investigate and report on problems and work to ensure the validity of the data warehouse.
Pre-Employment Requirement: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include: drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Founded in 2002, ieSolutions is recognized as one of the largest locally owned Talent Staffing Services company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We deliver our best each day to provide Reliable, Fair, Collaborative and Compassionate services to our customers, candidates and employees.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Our employees receive a competitive compensation package which includes health benefits, disability insurance, access to a 401k plan, paid-time-off and a continued professional development/education benefit.
ieSolutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.