Title: Business Analyst
Job #: 9000
Location: Portland, OR
Job Length: 1+ years
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will actively participate in and support the documentation of the processes and procedures for CG programs. This includes performing data analysis and presenting findings, as well as project & document management including the documentation of processes and editing/proofreading support.
- Support business stakeholders and the facilitation process for gathering and analyzing information using standard tools and approaches to:
- Clarify business operations, functions, problems.
- Document/map the current and future state.
- Identify solution alternatives, evaluate the alternatives, and define procedures.
- Data analytics:
- Identify data needs and partner with system experts to extract information to support analytics needs in CG to enable informed decision-making, and visibility.
- Compile data from various queries and reports, provide analysis and perform data manipulation as needed to support CG’s reporting/information requirements. This may include providing updated information as well as preparing clear, professional-quality draft graphs, charts, presentations and other information materials for review and acceptance by CG managers and program leads.
- Analyze data and draft solutions and/or alternative methods of proceeding for review, consideration, and approval by CG managers and program leads.
- Summarize and present data in a non-technical fashion for various audiences.
- Support CG Programs in reviewing evidence, records and documentation for compliance with laws, statutes and regulations (includes the use of Resolver CORE).
- Project and document management:
- Provide project support for CG program projects, including tracking project status and reporting to staff, communicating project progress to sponsors, and coordinating project recordkeeping; serve on cross-organizational teams, working with teams in meeting established timelines and deliverables.
- Assist in designing both reports and dashboards for presentation to Executive Committees in support of sub-committees: Internal Controls Oversight Team (ICOT), Information Governance Oversight Team (IGOT), Policy Working Group (PWG), Open Access Compiance Committee (OACC), Reliability Compiance Committee (RCC).
- Assist with design and maintenance of CG SharePoint sites including lists, document libraries, calendars and additional content.
- Process documentation:
- Document CG business procedures.
- Document process flows to accompany procedure documentation.
- Editing and proofreading:
- Proofread and edit CG work products, including correspondence, reports, policies and presentations.
Education & Corresponding Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Accounting, Engineering, Computer Science, Organizational Development (or closely related field) is required.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 6 years of experience is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business analysis, progressively more technical in nature, and include work-related experience as a business analyst, systems analyst, project manager, QA analyst or equivalent.
Required Technical Skills & Experience:
- Intermediate to expert proficiency in Visio, including the ability to create complex flowcharts.
- Intermediate proficiency with SharePoint, including the ability to create lists, modify pages and familiarity with workflow.
- Sound operational and working knowledge of the laws, regulations, policies, and precedents encompassing the major issues, program goals and objectives, work processes, and administrative operations in a business environment within the Energy, Government or Manufacturing industry.
Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Founded in 2002, ieSolutions is recognized as one of the largest locally owned Talent Staffing Services company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We deliver our best each day to provide Reliable, Fair, Collaborative and Compassionate services to our customers, candidates and employees.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Our employees receive a competitive compensation package which includes health benefits, disability insurance, access to a 401k plan, paid-time-off and a continued professional development/education benefit.
ieSolutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.