Job #: 8472
Title: Business Analyst 2
Specialty – Business Process Transformation/Training Facilitator
Application Due Date: 4/12/2018
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship REQUIRED
This full-time contract Business Analyst 2 position will support our client’s Transmission Field Services, specifically, Field Strategy and Operational Excellence (TFA). TFA provides support services including Work Planning & Evaluation (TFAW), Business Controls and Information (TFAI), and Business Transformation (TFAB) to the Transmission Field Services organization. The Business Analyst 2 assists management with developing initiatives, strategies, projects and services that affect the operations, construction, and maintenance of the transmission system. This position will work collaboratively and across transmission organizations to assist management with implementation of operational excellence initiatives. This position also assists with training development and facilitation for TFA. This position is located in Vancouver, WA
Position Responsibilities include:
Note: all official drafts, documents and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate manager / or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
- Support business stakeholders and facilitate gathering and analyzing information using standard tools and approaches to:
- Clarify business operations, functions, problems;
- Document/map the current and future state;
- Identify solution alternatives, evaluate the alternatives, and define procedures.
- Provide process and organizational expertise for facilitating, planning, and executing approved business operations and change initiatives consistent with TF's strategic business objectives.
- Research, interview internal client customers / end-users, stakeholders and other interested internal parties to gather and understand customer / end-user requirements and/or business process, procedure or workflow development; present solution recommendations to management and stakeholders for consideration and approval.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs; incorporate findings and insights into project and change management plans, decision-making information and recommendations and other project considerations as appropriate.
- Evaluate proposed and in-flight Transmission Field Services initiatives, including:
- Assisting with the preparation of business cases.
- Assisting managers with:
- Financial planning
- Risk assessment
- Strategic planning
- Internal controls
- Process management
- Assist with the development of assessments of operational, cultural, and organizational capabilities, resources, and risk factors.Provide recommendations as to whether ongoing programs, projects, operational processes, and IT support systems should be initiated, eliminated, or redesigned. Recommendations should include verification that initiative outcomes can be successfully managed, integrated and implemented.
- Assist with the performance of risk analysis to identify likely outcomes based on factors such as:
- Available financial programming levels;
- Cross-functional and portfolio integration requirements;
- Effectiveness of cost and project management controls;
- Level of effort required for project completion.
- Support the coordination of planning and execution milestones, schedules and tasks to facilitate successful completion of assigned initiatives.
- Identify project deliverables and deadlines, including coordination of communication plans, change management plans, "as is" and future state assessments, user guides, desk manuals, and other necessary support tools. ;
- Recommend program evaluation criteria and procedures that incorporate performance metrics, compliance requirements, and lessons learned.
- Recommend programmatic and process changes to functional managers based on trends and stakeholder feedback.
- Provide organizational and process analysis, reengineering, program planning and evaluation, and transition planning to facilitate the successful development and implementation of Transmission's business and strategic initiatives.
- Assist with the analysis of organizational structure, functions, and processes in order to recommend changes for more effective allocation of resources, personnel utilization, management practices and procedures, systems and controls, delegations of authority, operational methods, and organizational efficiency.
- Recommend methods for enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of projects, programs and procedures through process modification and application of evolving technology.
- Maintain regular, consistent and effective communication regarding project / assignment status and concerns, with appropriate parties, including the manager, project manager, stakeholders, project team, business analyst team, etc.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to convey the management-approved technical vision and to analyze potential tradeoffs between usability and performance needs; work with project PM, business leads and appropriate manager / personnel to reconcile and determine acceptable “tradeoffs”.
- As requested, perform appropriate testing of recommended and/or management-approved solutions, which may include creating / drafting and recommending new analytical tools or components, new or revised workflows, processes, standards, business-case criteria, and/or mitigation measures.
- Provide Quality Assurance (QA) and /or User Acceptance (UA) testing to analyze, create and execute test cases and scripts, verifying that configurations are functioning as designed and aligned with requirements.
- Develop /draft documentation to: 1) analyze and validate repeatability of processes; 2) facilitate training on new analytical tools; and, 3) support business continuity and knowledge transfer.
- Maintain regular and consistent communication regarding project / assignment status and concerns, with appropriate parties, including the manager, project manager, stakeholders, project team, etc.
- Conduct training needs assessment with stakeholders and clients, compile functional and training requirements, determine training needs and organize findings for recommendations of training solutions and approaches.
- Assist management with integrating and aligning Transmission Field Services training programs and processes with other client-wide initiatives.
- Assist management with implementing identified training goals and requirements.
- Provide/facilitate training for Transmission Field Services on Cascade, Vegetation Management System, Service Request System and training to support business process improvement efforts and operational excellence initiatives.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree in instructional design, education, training, management, business administration, computer science or related subject is desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management, Organizational Development ora closelyrelated field is preferred (Bachelor’s degree in applicable discipline can substitute for 4 years related experience – see below).
- Minimum Experience Required: This is a Level 2 position:9+years work-related experience in the area of business analysis and/or project management is required without a degree.(7+ years’ experience with an applicable Associates degree; 5+ years’ experience with an applicable Bachelor’s Degree) is required. Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
- 6+ years of experience in instructional design, training/curriculum development, technical writing (training content writing), coursework implementation, analysis, change management or a directly-related field is required.
- Related Experience - Direct work experience and knowledge of analysis and change management principles and methodologies with a solid understanding of how analytics and change management support the change process is required.
- Demonstrated experience with analysis, project and change management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle is required.
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale organizational change efforts is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing communication plans and strategies for medium sized companies is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with the Prosci methodology for Change Management is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with International Institute of Business Analysis methods is desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Software (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Visio flowcharts, MS Project and SharePoint); (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).
- Experience in developing web-based training for technology training courses is required.
- Experience in analyzing and developing Level 2 and 3 evaluations for technology training courses is required.
- Experience in facilitating new software implementation training is required.
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to present information in various forms such as textual, graphical and statistical
- Skill in modeling business process requirements, verification of deliverables
- Skilled in the definition and development of operational governance models to enable programmatic change
- Demonstrated analytical, modeling, and process management expertise sufficient to support the improvement of client Transmission’s asset management program.
- Proficient in communication, facilitation and negotiation with stakeholder groups.
- Ability to coordinate project tasks and resources.
- Proven skills in process analysis, re-engineering and optimization.
- Proven facilitation skills as demonstrated through:
- Experience in delivering training to adult audiences with as many as 40 participants.
- Experience working with participants at every level of the organization.
- Knowledge and use of adult learning principles in the classroom.
- Ability to be flexible to meet the needs of the group.
- Ability to lead interactive classroom activities.
- Experience in developing web-based training for technology training courses.
- Proven experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to build credibility and trust among key project stakeholders.
- Ability to facilitate meetings between a variety of departments and crafts.
- Ensure proper identification of self as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
Additional Skills Desired:
- Energy/utility industry experience
- Experience in asset management, analyzing data and developing strategies
- The selected candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as a condition of the contract assignment.
- Valid State Driver’s License required
- Travel may be required – 5% for meetings and training
- OT may be required – 5%
- May be required to work non-core hours when requested.
- This position may be eligible for situational offsite work, subject to the completion of an Offsite Work Memorandum of Understanding
- Offsite Work may not be performed without prior approval from the Manager.
- All information associated with the work performed offsite must be maintained in the network environment. No client information shall be allowed to be transmitted, stored, and created, etc., on the contract worker’s personal devices. Contract personnel must follow all client and government-wide security, asset management, and cyber security policies and procedures.
- Offsite work may only be performed within the client service area unless approved by the Labor Management Office (client).Contract personnel must keep their employer informed of their work location at all times and must coordinate any changes with their employer and client before the change occurs.
*NOTE: Attendance at all training, etc. must be pre-approved by client. For any such events, requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and approval is subject to the most current guidance provided by client or DOE and is subject to change. Client reserves the right to negotiate attendance on billable/non-billable hours and reimbursement of travel costs with the supplier. Reimbursable travel costs must adhere to the Federal Travel Regulations and are submitted via an expense sheet.