Title: Business Analyst 2
Specialty: Business Process/Business Transformation
Job #: 9092
Location: Vancouver, WA
Job Length: Multi-year opportunity with a full benefits package
This contract Business Analyst 2 position is located in Client Power Administration’s (Client’s) Strategy and Oversight (NSSS), and will provide support for management team(s) and business reporting. The Business Analyst position will provide analyst expertise, assistance and support to management and business stakeholders and will facilitate gathering and analyzing information using standard tools and approaches to:
o Support ongoing data reporting;
o Update forms (standard contracting documents);
o Clarify business operations/functions;
o Perform gap analysis;
o Document/map the current and future states;
o Identify potential solution alternatives, evaluate alternatives, and help to define procedures.
This position will also help draft and support the implementation of various project plans.
· Provide ongoing data reporting and periodic ad-hoc reporting to support Client’s procurement operations.
· Perform data manipulation as needed, based on queries and report outputs.
· Respond to routine inquiries about reports and data from stakeholders and forward more complex inquiries to appropriate parties.
· Interpret and summarize data in a non-technical fashion for stakeholders.
· Follow established methodologies and processes to document and analyze aspects of the current state or future (end) state and recommend steps to close identified gaps.
· Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a comprehensive format.
· Provide trend analysis, identify process variance to gain understanding from the actual underlying root cause.
· Prepare professional-grade charts, graphs and reports from data obtained through various sources.
· Identify, analyze, and implement Client management approved reporting enhancements which improve operational results.
· Administer Quality Review tools (MS InfoPath forms) in SharePoint and other related databases, and partner with IT on implementation of approved enhancements.
· Support Quality Assurance Officers by assisting with documentation of audit results and completion/submission of reports to managers that meet established deadlines.
· Participate in working sessions with a small group of analysts who will plan and facilitate the analysis and documentation of current-state processes and potential (recommended) future-state processes for maturing elements within the procurement lifecycle.
· Draft and conduct presentations of key requirements of potential (recommended) future-state processes to facilitate decision-making and obtain management approval as well as acceptance / buy-in across the procurement organization.
· Confirm business requirements with stakeholders, and that business process flow is LEAN in the future-state.
· Evaluate and assess business process change impacts and recommend / execute appropriate change mitigation activities.
· Draft an implementation plan for the future-state processes that will enable quality and compliant outcomes.
· Provide oral, written or in-person communication to present process requirement and change impact(s), with a wide variety of technical and business experts in both individual and group settings.
· Draft templates and tools to support the procurement process value stream.
· Provide analysis and fact-based criteria to the requirements vetting process.
· Draft key project deliverable documents including: requirements, process diagrams, workflow maps, project plans, and change management plans.
· Work with appropriate Client manager / personnel to facilitate resolution of conflicting priorities and requirements, as well as conflicting team positions in order to build consensus among stakeholders and project team members.
Education & Corresponding Experience:
• A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management, Organizational Development or a related discipline is preferred.
o With an applicable Bachelor’s Degree, 5 years of experience is required.
o With an applicable Associates Degree, 7 years of experience is required.
o Without a degree, 9 years of experience is required.
• Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
Required Technical Skills & Experience:
• 2 years of experience applying methodology to process improvement and optimization efforts across multiple business units within a defined enterprise.
• Experience performing and documenting root cause analysis and recommendation.
• Proficiency using the following software:
o Microsoft Access and Microsoft Project sufficient to understand how the underlying data is stored and arranged. The selected candidate will not be expected to build Access Databases or Create MSP Schedules but a basic understanding of both is required to help with mapping processes.
o Microsoft InfoPath & SharePoint sufficient to understand how data is presented using Industry best practices. Knowledge of web part creation, document library set up and workflows and how SharePoint interacts with other software solutions.
o Visio flowcharts sufficient to create complex flow charts and process maps that represent current and future state processes. The use of Visio should be based on industry best practices and use swim lanes or SIPOC (Supplier Input Process Output Customer) methodologies. Use of hyperlinks and shape data elements and other advanced features is preferred.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Demonstrated Lean or Six Sigma management support including process analysis experience.
• Knowledge, experience or education related to Procurement Management and Analysis for the Energy industry.
• Knowledge of and experience in Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI).
• Knowledge of and experience in Just In Time inventory (JIT).
• Knowledge an experience using the Project Management standards as documented in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
• Experience in modeling/mapping business process requirements, verification of deliverables.
Pre-Employment Requirement: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Founded in 2002, ieSolutions is recognized as one of the largest locally owned Talent Staffing Services company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We deliver our best each day to provide Reliable, Fair, Collaborative and Compassionate services to our customers, candidates, and employees.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Our employees receive a competitive compensation package which includes health benefits, disability insurance, access to a 401k plan, paid-time-off and a continued professional development/education benefit.
ieSolutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.