Title: Business Analyst 3
Job #: JP9046
Location: Vancouver, WA
Job Length: 1+ years
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will provide support for the development and monitoring of products and services as well as review and development of policies that apply interpretations and principles of the OATT and will also support the development of Business Practices. This position also provides support to efforts associated with procedures and standards developed by the North America Energy Standards Board (NAESB).
- Support business stakeholders and facilitate gathering and analyzing information using standard tools and approaches to:
- Clarify business operations, functions, problems;
- Document/map the current and future state;
- Identify solution alternatives, evaluate the alternatives, and define procedures.
- Research, interview internal customers / end-users, stakeholders and other interested internal parties to gather and understand customer / end-user requirements and/or business process, procedure or workflow development; present solution recommendations for management, executives, stakeholders consideration and approval.
- Support products by:
- Working with managers to facilitate implementation and tracking the success of products: Point-To-Point (PTP); Network Integration Transmission (NT); Ancillary Services; and Conditional Firm;
- Facilitating evolutions of products that are financially strong and meet customer’s needs, and verification that the product is compliant with Bonneville’s OATT and Transmission rate schedules;
- Providing re-dispatch and curtailment data analysis;
- Analyzing data to ascertain Customer usage of our products and how our customers deploy our products to conduct their business.
- Develop and recommend implementable business practices for manager review and approval. These practices are prepared for regional customers and provide direction on how to conduct transmission business with Bonneville in accordance with:
- Rate case decisions;
- Policy and regulatory direction;
- Participation in national commercial standards development.
- Facilitate efforts to plan, form and reform, draft / develop, and facilitate implementation of products.
- Provide input into scoping market analyses that effect product direction and assist with interpreting analysis results that ultimately effect product specifications.
- With manager approval, develop and provide input on business practices detailing TS product and policy changes resulting from management decisions.
- Draft and assist with the development of Agency Decision Framework (ADF) documents required for products and services.
- Prepare decision documents that include staff recommendations for managers and executives in appropriate decision forums.
- Provide analyses on industry and regulatory trends and provide recommendations to management and other staff on future direction of industry strategies, their impacts on regional parties, businesses, and products.
- Communicate and collaborate with implementing organizations, as well as supporting product managers and policy developers, to facilitate the development of products.
- Facilitate the implementation of product design choices within the desired time frames.
- Facilitate presentations for internal staff and provide external customer workshops to communicate decisions and direction within areas of expertise. All presentation and workshop materials and content must be reviewed and approved by Manager or other federal staff.
Education & Corresponding Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Law, Engineering, Business or Business Management, Statistics, Organizational Development (or related discipline) is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 8 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associate’s degree, 10 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 12 years of experience is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
Required Technical Skills & Experience
- 1+ year working knowledge of product management. Demonstrated familiarity with product and service management and delivery, how to work with service delivery functions, and how to monitor their success.
- 3+ years working experience with process management.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Experience with SharePoint and Visio.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and ability to synthesize complex information.
- Experience organizing and orchestrating team meetings; demonstrated facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to describe issues and alternative recommendations.
- Familiarity with regulated environments and the importance of complying with regulated rules.
- Ability to work with attorneys, technical SMEs and implementers to craft policy and associated business practices.
- Ability to communicate, mediate and facilitate timely resolution of issues.
- Experience presenting to a diverse audience including all levels of management. Experience should include the following:
- Ability to present technical material effectively to audiences with all levels of experience resulting in the group’s ability to understand;
- Decision/bottom line presentations to management that outline both risks and tradeoffs.
- Advanced working knowledge of Access and MS Project.
- Experience in the utility business.
- Knowledge of transmission products (how transmission is made available and sold).
Pre-Employment Requirement: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Founded in 2002, ieSolutions is recognized as one of the largest locally owned Talent Staffing Services company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We deliver our best each day to provide Reliable, Fair, Collaborative and Compassionate services to our customers, candidates and employees.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Our employees receive a competitive compensation package which includes health benefits, disability insurance, access to a 401k plan, paid-time-off and a continued professional development/education benefit.
ieSolutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.