Job Number: 1912
Title: Business Continuity Consultant
Duration: 11 months+
Location: Portland, OR
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship REQUIRED
Immediate opening for experienced Business Continuity Consultant to assist our Portland utility client on a contract basis. In this role, you will Facilitate business continuity risk and impact assessment and analysis work, which includes performance of business impact assessment sessions/interviews with company personnel, as well as data analysis and reporting. Help establish enterprise-wide business continuity strategies and initiatives based on business risk and impact analysis results.
Provides facilitation of the design, development, implementation and updating of business continuity, emergency management, and tactical plans across the entire company and to ensure those plans are integrated, coordinated and meet regulatory, industry and compliance standards. Supports continuity risk and impact assessments. Coordinate equipment, exercise and training needs to ensure effective and efficient implementation of company operations during emergency events including coordination of the readiness of the Emergency Operations Center and back up site(s).
Qualified candidates will have the following background
1. Has worked in a team environment related to the implementation of business risk and impact analysis projects and program work.
2. Has extensive experience in performing client engagement work for business impact assessment, analysis and continuity planning.
3. Possesses expert knowledge of principles, procedures, regulations and techniques of business continuity analysis and planning.
4. Has conducted detailed assessments and analysis work on business risk and impact data and developed technical reports that identify gaps and recommendations.
5. Understands the relationship between business impact analysis work and continuity plan development. Has developed and facilitated the development of business continuity plans based on business impact analysis information.
6. Understands the relationship between business continuity and IT disaster recovery programs and has worked with IT disaster recovery to ensure integration of impacts analysis information with plan development (IT/DR and BCP).
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) with a minimum of 5 years experience in managing enterprise wide planning, special project management with Business Impact Analysis or comparable project work that reaches across the breadth of an organization.
- A combination of a background in business continuity, emergency management, communications, and program management is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the Incident Command Structure (ICS), NIMS and related emergency management and business continuity response standards and procedures
- Experience and knowledge of planning, project and program planning and change management methodology.
- Knowledge of principles, procedures, regulations and techniques of business continuity, emergency management and disaster response.
- Ability to develop partnerships and build consensus between a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders and organizations.
- Working knowledge of company practices, procedures, policies and regulatory requirements.
- Experience reviewing, evaluating and analyzing policies, reports, and technical information.
- Experience with best practices, process improvement, and performance measurement techniques.
- Excellent computer skills including use of work processing, spreadsheet, project mapping and graphics presentation applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in group facilitation and team coordination.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills to convey complex information and issues to groups of varying backgrounds and disciplines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with individuals and groups regarding complex or sensitive issues or regulations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.