Title: Business Intelligence Analyst - Financial
Job #: 613969
Location: Portland, OR
Job Length: Multi-year opportunity with a full benefits package
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Our client is engaged in a multi-year transition of its healthcare data warehouse and reporting platform under the project name, Caboodle Transition Project.
The Epic CDW Business Analyst will be both a customer facing and a project team-facing role, responsible for soliciting and documenting business requirements from healthcare business partners, including physicians and healthcare leadership. This position will also be responsible for translating business requirements into functional requirements for ETL and BI reporting solution development. Finally, this position will be responsible for performing technical analysis of Epic and our data structures and providing guidance on reporting solution approaches to developer analysts involved in the project. A strong candidate will have excellent communication, documentation, and personal skills as well as a firm understanding of financial terminologies, Epic HB Resolute workflow, Clarity HB Resolute data model, and BI solution architecture. The ideal candidate will also have experience working in the Epic Clarity and Caboodle environments. Ability to read and comprehend complex SQL (Oracle views & stored procedures) is a requirement.
In order to ensure data integrity and solution viability, the Business Intelligence Analyst will carry out detailed data analysis and validation, iterating with business users and the CDW development team members (solution engineers, ETL developers, BI developers, and Quality Analysts) to resolve data gaps or inconsistencies in reporting solutions. This will require the ability to navigate the Epic health record system, using Epic front-end tools such as Reporting Workbench and Record Viewer.
- Requirements gathering through strong collaboration with hospital finance users and other strategic partners.
- Analyze legacy reports from Cognos and custom SQL scripts to understand what the technical data requirements are for reports identified for transition to the new platform
- Work with project team members including application engineers and data architects to gain a full understanding of the Financial data model and how to leverage data to deliver financial analyses and reports.
- Provide complete, consistent, and professional quality documentation using ITG-BIAA accepted processes and tools, leveraging information acquired from multiple data sources including but not limited to – Epic modules, Oracle GL, Axiom costing, and third-party payor claims, and other data sources.
- Accurate capture of associated business processes, potential process improvements, data availability, structure, and relationships.
- Facilitating working sessions with clinical users, clinical leadership, project team members and functional partners such as Clinical Informatics workflow analysts.
- Detailed data analysis to identify data sources, definitions and the correct implementation of business rules. This will require the use of Epic Hyperspace tools such as record viewer, registry monitor, registry editor, and rule editor.
- Work with business partners to determine the accuracy of value sets used in business rules.
System Design and Development
- BI Solution design that best meet the customer requirements and business goals, considering:
- Needs of our business and our partners sites
- Variations in data sources
- Availability of external data
- BI tool functionality
- Clinical integration
- Maintenance costs
- Work closely with technical developers and application team to ensure the technical solution meets the business requirements. This will include evaluating business logic, source data in Chronicles and Clarity, and data transformations in ETL.
- Contribute to the development of Epic Clarity or Epic CDW analytical reporting solutions using SAP Business Objects Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence, and Tableau.
- Develop report metadata layers (e.g., SAP Business Objects Information Design Tool) to enable ad hoc reporting solutions through SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence.
- Develop test plans/documentation, conduct testing and validation as appropriate.
- • Documenting report specifications, metrics and other report terms clearly and transparently for end user consumption.
Report Transition Analysis and Documentation:
- Work with the BI system administrators (Cognos & Business Objects) to identify the reports that are actively run and utilized.
- Evaluate the business logic and report dependencies required by legacy reporting by analyzing the SQL and other business logic implemented in existing reports. Includes the need to read and parse complex SQL, and reverse engineer IBM Cognos and SAP Business Objects Crystal reports.
- Work with report business owners to confirm the validity and utilization of existing report library and implementing plan to transition reports to new BI platform.
- Support project coordinator in mitigation plan during user acceptance testing.
- Identify opportunities to consolidate or retire reports that are no longer of value to the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a related field, or a clinical field and four years of work-related experience in the information technology field
- Minimum three years of business analyst experience.
- Experience performing data and gap analysis for large-scale IT transition projects.
- Two or more years of experience with Epic Electronic Health Record OR 2 or more years working in a hospital finance area
- Ability to read, write and maintain intermediate Oracle PL/SQL and MS T-SQL code.
- Ability to read, evaluate, and reverse engineer Cognos Report Studio reports
- Ability to read, evaluate, and reverse engineer SAP Business Objects Crystal reports
- Knowledge of data warehousing architecture.
- Ability to document report requirements at a technical level of detail sufficient for business intelligence design and development to occur.
- Understanding and experience following processes necessary for business intelligence development through Agile/SCRUM methodology.
- Epic Clarity Certification in a financial subject area (HB Resolute, PB Resolute, Tapestry).
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Founded in 2002, ieSolutions is recognized as one of the largest locally owned Talent Staffing Services company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We deliver our best each day to provide Reliable, Fair, Collaborative and Compassionate services to our customers, candidates and employees.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
ieSolutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.