Job #: 9007
Title: Business Systems Analyst 1
Specialty: Cascade Application
Location: Vancouver, WA
Application Due Date: 4/21/2019
Job Length: 1+Year Contract
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship Required.
This Business Systems Analyst position will support the ClientTransmission Field Services, Business Controls, and Information (TFAI) team and specifically, the Asset Data Management (ADM) team. The ADM provides an accessible, reliable and comprehensive asset data register. This Business Systems Analyst 1 position will assist in achieving the team’s goals of providing accurate and complete data to enable improvements of asset management capabilities.
• Provide Cascade technical support for all users of the software, with emphasis on the Power System Control (PSC), Substation Maintenance, System Protection Control (SPC) and Transmission Line Maintenance (TLM).
• Provide ongoing communication to customers and stakeholders of the ADM team, including communicating process changes, system usage support, and task status.
• Update and develop documentation used to implement new/upgraded tools and business processes.
• Assist with training new and existing personnel on the ADM team, as well as other system users.
• Analyze requests for non-routine changes to supporting systems and provide recommendations for configuration changes that meet all business needs and are sustainable.
• Perform routine testing to validate that upgrades and enhancements meet requirements and do not negatively impact the business; alert the Client manager of any system concerns.
• With Client manager review and approval, perform routine system configuration changes, maintenance order management, and data update tasks within TF Operations & Maintenance asset and work management systems.
• Perform data analysis during daily activities that may generate change requirements or have compliance implications; recommend solutions from compiled information to ADM team for awareness and further analysis.
• Query data and run reports specific to the analysis being conducted; present report results with customer/partner, TFAI and Client Management.
• Communicate technical information (supported systems data, analysis results, etc.) verbally and in writing to a wide variety of technical and business experts, as well as non-technical users, in both individual and group settings.
• Use a variety of diagrams and other tools (such as Visio) to explain and simplify complex problems.
• Collect, organize, and validate data and model results to establish data completeness, accuracy, and quality.
• May participate on process improvement/development and data analysis projects/initiatives, as requested.
Education & Corresponding Experience:
• An Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering,
Business Management, Organizational Development or closely related field is preferred.
o With an applicable Bachelor’s degree: 2+ yrs of experience is required.
o With an applicable Associates degree: 4+ yrs of experience is required.
o No degree: 6+ yrs of experience is required
• Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business systems analysis and demonstrate proven skills in process analysis, re-engineering and optimization Experience should include direct work experience and knowledge of project management planning and execution principles.
Required Technical Skills & Experience:
• Specific experience conceptualizing and planning initiatives for data integration, gathering, and organization experience
• Intermediate proficiency with Sharepoint
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Energy/utility experience in asset management or maintenance
• Cascade Software proficiency, preferably analysis skills related to implementation and use of Cascade
• Strong technical writing skills and the ability to present information in various forms
• Demonstrated expertise with logical process modeling concepts
• Experience in asset management, analyzing data and developing strategies
• Knowledge of ‘Requirements Engineering’ and software development lifecycle
Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
Overtime: 5% anticipated
Travel: Up to 5% local travel to/from meetings
Public Trust Required: Selected candidate must be able to pass the Public Trust (SF-85P) Personnel background investigation in order to qualify for and/or retain this position.
Training Expectations: Worker is expected to keep current on the latest technologies and skills required for the position.
Founded in 2002, ieSolutions is recognized as one of the largest locally owned Talent Staffing Services company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We deliver our best each day to provide Reliable, Fair, Collaborative and Compassionate services to our customers, candidates, and employees.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Our employees receive a competitive compensation package which includes health benefits, disability insurance, access to a 401k plan, paid-time-off and a continued professional development/education benefit.
ieSolutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.