Job #: 8193
Title: CAD 3
Specialty: Transmission Technology Operational Services
Application Due Date: 10/18/2017
Additional Position Information
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship REQUIRED
This full-time contract Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) 3 position will work within the Transmission Technology Operations Services (TTO) organization. The position will provide quality design, layout, and production of engineering, civil, mechanical, electrical, and fiber optic drawings and will perform necessary research using standard, plan and profile, hardware, civil, and survey drawings. This position will draft and edit our client’s electrical drawings and control center diagrams for new control center projects and maintenance efforts as well as assist in pre-engineering calculations and research in order to control product reliability and accuracy for engineering, technical, and commercial applications. This position is located in Mead, WA.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: This position requires confidentiality, professionalism and requires passing a higher level background investigation, for which the selected candidate must qualify to hold or continue to hold the position.
Position Responsibilities include:
Note: all official drafts, documents and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate manager / or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
- Produce electrical, electronic, mechanical, civil, security and fiber optic drawings for the Control Center environment.
- Provide CAD support essential to the preparation of engineering design drawings for Fiber Optic, Conductor, Switching, details, assemblies, installations, phasing diagrams, minor layouts, and parts lists related to construction design packages.
- Organize and analyze drawings prior to setup; discuss project complexity and time estimates with technical and supervisory personnel.
- Perform assignments using a high level of expertise in computer-aided drafting, including 3D and free hand methods of manual drafting
- Perform sub-system user file management within CAD systems, such as plotting, printing, storage and retrieving and returning drawings from ProjectWise.
- Design and complete special projects which may include:
- Disconnect switch installations
- Structure modifications
- Fiber optic installations
- Metering one line diagrams
- Site data sheets
- Phasing diagrams
- Marker-ball installations
- Standard hardware details
- Assist supervisor with various engineering support duties which may include:
- Engineering record maintenance which includes keeping diazo aperture card file (Microfilm), and switching files updated;
- Obtaining new drawing numbers;
- Completing necessary forms to submit final drawings to central records.
- Design and complete special projects such as copper data cable installations, fiber optic installations, control center grounding, dc power branch circuit diagrams AC power branch circuit diagrams, rack elevations and layouts and facilities drawings.
- Check all CAD and manually drafted drawings and other documents for drafting accuracy, completeness and conformity to our client’s standards and applicable regulations; making necessary corrections before review by engineers.
- Communicate with control center staff and other internal stakeholders regarding methods to improve drawing organization processes and increase productivity.
- Create designs from engineers idea’s notes rough sketches through use of electronic files, drawing stick files, and central records vault.
- Perform basic filing and document management functions. Create and maintain files and filing system(s) in accordance with compliance requirements. File and disperse documents as appropriate.
- Verify all official records are accurately maintained for auditing purposes. Maintain file records in accordance with the Information Governance & Lifecycle Management (IGLM) policies and procedures.
- Communicate with departmental staff regarding methods to improve organization processes and increase productivity.
- Maintain Communications Area, Data Systems, Electrical, and Mechanical Drawing Stick Files.
- Maintain and updates site specific and individual system documentation as needed, including:
- Channel Drop Box – Verify circuit number listings are up to date; compare to Telecommunications Circuit Information System (TCIS) and resolve any discrepancies.
- SCADA Hit (Error) Logs – Sort and graph daily error reports by frequency and patterns, such as hourly or geographically
- Central Data Frame (CDF) - Document Horizontal and Vertical blocks, 110 Blocks, new CDF infrastructure, patch panel data files, RJ-45 and fiber connections.
- Application and maintenance of appropriate and accurate labeling for CDF’s, Rack Patch Panels, AC and DC power sources and SCADA Master Computer Front End (CFE) cabinets.
- Visually inspect and verify that wiring is correct, complete and accurate in equipment racks.
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Associate’s Degree in a technical CAD training program is strongly preferred
- 7+ years of Civil, Structural, or Electrical CAD Drafting experience is required.
- Intermediate to expert proficiency in the use of MicroStation CAD software and drawing management software, preferably using ProjectWise, is required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office to include: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word is required. (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).
- Electric Utility Experience is strongly preferred
- Experience using Visio 2007 or 2010 is preferred.
- Proficiency in OPI, TCIS, and eGIS is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform mathematical computations related to algebra and trigonometry; draft in pencil and ink on both vellum and polyester film; use a mechanical lettering device; work on many concurrent activities; and perform engineering design using the CAD system in a multidiscipline production environment.
- Must maintain a thorough familiarity with military, industry, and company standards.
- Knowledge of standard drafting and engineering terminology and standard drafting techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to complete the assigned tasks with accuracy in a timely manner.
- Carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem solving abilities.
- Meet timelines, milestones and deliverables and provide timely (weekly) status updates if requested.
- Ensure proper identification of self as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
- Must be able to pass a Personnel background check pursuant for Public Trust (SF-85P), for which the selected candidate must qualify to hold or continue to hold the position.
- The selected candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as a condition of the contract assignment.
- Up to 5% local travel to/from meetings is anticipated
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
- Up to 5% Overtime may be required
- This position may be eligible for situational offsite work, subject to the completion of an Offsite Work Memorandum of Understanding.
- RSA token shall only be utilized when conducting work directly related to the API. Any other work is unauthorized. Contract worker is responsible for the safe-keeping of the issued RSA Token at all times. If the RSA Token is lost or compromised, immediately contact the COTR. All information associated with the work performed offsite must be maintained in the network environment. No client information shall be allowed to be transmitted, stored, and created, etc., on the contract worker’s personal devices. Contract personnel must follow all client and government-wide security, asset management, and cyber security policies and procedures.
- Offsite work may only be performed within the client service area unless approved by the Labor Management Office (our client). Contract personnel must keep their employer informed of their work location at all times and must coordinate any changes with their employer and our client before the change occurs
Client Provided Training:
- NERC-CIP Control Center training
- Cascade Training