Title: Cerner Systems Trainer
Duration: 9 Months
Start Date: 5/21/2018
Onsite Monday thru Thursday, Remote Fridays
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Works with the Clinical Information Systems (CIS) to identify training needs, developing curriculum and job aids that will help staff be more efficient and productive while standardize procedures. Works or leads project teams in developing instructional materials in all areas of information technology systems. Participates in the design and delivery of training/orientation programs for respective solution(s) and upgraded functionality. Functions effectively and independently in a rapidly changing organization. Works closely with physicians, other clinicians, managers, and directors to integrate the system use and support an interdisciplinary group of end users.
- College degree in educational, health science, computer science or another applicable field required.
- 3 years of major information system (eg. Cerner, EPIC, Centricity, Meditech, etc) user or curriculum development experience and total of 5 years current relevant healthcare experience preferred. Cerner experience is preferred a must
- Travel to offsite locations may be required.
- Hands-on experience in analytical and technical research and technical writing skills is required.
- Uses adult learning theories and concepts; instructional design theory and methods, various software tools used in instructional design in the development of training materials, training methods and training experience is required (minimum of 5 years).
- Demonstrates strong leadership, effective project management skills and critical thinking skills required.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to work with others as a team as well as many different people throughout the organization
- Strong computer ability for using PC based products, especially Excel spreadsheets and flowcharting
- Ability to identify problems/issues, research and offer solutions
- Demonstrates proper appearance and personal conduct for the employee's particular job.
- Uses PC and Internet skills in communicating and analyzing data.
- Understands confidentiality in the health care environment.
- Uses effective communication skills taking into consideration body language, filters, listening, paraphrasing, and questions with customers of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.