Job # 8646
Title: Project Manager 3 (IT Projects)
Location : Vancouver, WA
Duration : 1 year + ( multi-year contract)
Application Deadline : 8/23/2018
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship REQUIRED
This position will act as a project management technical lead, providing support in several areas of the Control Center capital program within client’s Transmission Services organization. This project manager will, along with key managerial stakeholders, dispatchers, project managers, subject matter experts and compliance staff, facilitate the efforts in the development and execution of a Control Center systems’ program in a multi-year time horizon. ONSIBILITIES
Provide project management expertise and support and facilitate client manager-assigned TT Services Internal Business Operations project or projects, from beginning to end, providing expert guidance on the PMI-based project management methodology, best practices, and internal skill development as requested by and with guidance from the client manager, team lead or other personnel with the authority to do so, including:
- Facilitate and assist client Management in planning, initiating and implementing various projects that have been defined in the Transmission Technology Strategic Plan.
- Organize, coordinate and facilitate the work of project team(s) and serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects, which includes planning project stages and assessing business implications for each stage.
- Monitor progress of assigned projects to track timelines, milestones, deadlines, standards and targets, alerting appropriate client manager / personnel of any obstacles / potential delays to project timelines, targets or success; provide corrective action recommendations.
- Forecast and recommend / request appropriate project resources to fulfill project needs; recommended resource requests must be submitted to, coordinated with and provided by appropriate client Performance Managers.
- Plan and coordinate activities for designated project to verify that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Alert client manager of and obtain appropriate authorization for any potential changes to project cost, schedule or performance.
- Draft project plans, resource strategies and develop funding estimates required to advance each defined effort.
- Facilitate project meetings between a variety of departments and disciplines.
- Provide recommendations regarding assessment approach and deliverables.
- Help the project succeed by identifying and securing necessary subject matter experts needed during the project.
- Coordinate the creation and documentation of revised processes, roles and responsibilities.
- Maintain consistent communication with the project sponsor, performance managers, and clients on the progress of the project versus the plan.
- Communicate regularly with executive sponsors, key stakeholders, strategic partners, and Tier II managers across the organization independently and in team meetings.
- With client manager / personnel assistance and guidance, address and navigate politically sensitive issues in a collaborative and professional manner.
- Provide background information, technical input, options and recommendations for project decisions as requested by client manager / personnel; work with appropriate parties to facilitate resolution of conflicting team positions.
- Issue project status reports on a regular or as requested basis.
- Collaborate and work with project sponsors and client performance managers to remove obstacles impacting timely project completion.
- Draft a final project report, including project “lessons-learned”, for appropriate client management review and approval / acceptance.
- Take a pro-active stance on project risk management by:
- Anticipating and identifying potential areas of risk and obtaining guidance from appropriate client manager or Contracting Officer.
- Tracking, monitoring and facilitating resolution of issues and risks identified within the projects, as well as compliance related dependencies.
- Maintaining issue, risk, and/or action logs.
- Developing, drafting and recommending contingency plans to minimize / eliminate risks on an ongoing basis for review and approval / acceptance by appropriate client manager / personnel.
- Facilitate and/or support the following functions:
- Written and Verbal Sponsor and Stakeholder Communication.
- Project Team Coordination, including milestone management and communication of deliverables.
- Monitor issues and risks identified within the project as well as integrated dependencies and the issues and risk associated with those assumptions.
- Team Meeting Management and Sponsor Meeting Management.
- Coordination with the Control Center Planning Office and other TO organizations to include operational and data requirements to support reliable operation of the Bulk Electric System
- Facilitate and/or support the following deliverables:
- Scope Definition and Management
- Business Requirements and Needs Analysis from various stakeholder perspectives
- Process and System Design requirements
- Gap Analysis from the “as is” to the “to be” state
- Implement Organizational Design and Change Management requirements as developed within the Transmission Technology program
- Implementation Planning including optimizing milestones and building upon successes
- Integration Architecture Design
- End User Training
- When necessary, manage the successful transition of a project or program of projects to another project manager including any training, documentation, or meeting coordination required to bring the new PM fully up to speed on all critical aspects of the work and introduce them to executive sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Coordinate and assist client management with transitions of identified project resources as needed. This may include gathering information from departing/transitioning resources to identify subject matter expertise, documenting workloads, identifying training requirements to facilitate smooth transitions.
Requirements (Education & Corresponding Experience)
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business Administration or a closely-related technical discipline is preferred. (Master’s Degree in specific or directly-related field can be substituted for 1 year of the required experience.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business Administration or a closely-related technical discipline is highly preferred. (Bachelor’s Degree in specific or directly-related field can be substituted for 4 years’ required experience.)
- This is a Level 3 position: 14+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution for medium to large sized projects ($500K to $2M+ lifecycle cost) is required without a degree. (10 years with a Bachelor’s Degree in a directly-related field).
Required Technical Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated project management experience with business services capabilities projects using industry standard methods and tools for managing schedules, dependencies, resources, funding and developing technical specifications and project plans.
- PMP certification.
- Experience with NERC-CIP.
- Experience successfully coordinating or running multiple projects simultaneously as a program.
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Project, Visio, and SharePoint Server environments.
- Experience in resource planning. Preferred
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.