Job Title: Epic Clarity Administrator
Duration: 6 Months starting
Location – Portland (downtown)
This role is responsible for administration of the Epic Clarity platform . This is accomplished by performing Clarity Administration tasks, system configuration and ETL development. This position will need to perform scoping and estimating on Clarity and Data Warehouse related activities. Such development work is related to creating and customizing KB-SQL, creation of derived tables and associated store procedures, mitigating issues related to Epic supplied DDL. The Clarity Administrator is responsible for the process of upgrading the Clarity platforms during each SU and Epic Upgrade.
Present technical information and design proposals in easily understood terms in both verbal and written form. Work closely with fellow IT staff and project management to develop, test and document systems and processes. Interact and work directly with customers, team members and analysts on project and support issues. Facilitates communication upward and across project teams. Follow change management and problem management processes.
This position is also responsible for detailed technical analysis to assure the availability and accuracy of data processed by the Epic Clarity ETL or contained in the data warehouses and systems. This will include availability for rotation through an after-hours on-call support model as needed for upgrades, project go lives or to provide ongoing support of new systems that may have 24x7 support agreements. This will require a broad knowledge of systems and workflows.
The Incumbent will observe due care, objectivity and respect for confidentiality. All employees must keep confidential what they hear and what they see when handling, reviewing, or observing: communications and records thereof (calls, email, pages, fax, etc.), data transmission, databases, or other forms of information. Confidentiality extends to the identities of the parties of the communications, and even to the fact that the communication took place. When sharing information, consider whether the recipient has a true “business need to know.”
Key Responsibilities & Performance Standards
- System Configuration and Administration.
- Develop, Implement and Maintain the Epic reporting system such as Clarity and Caboodle including the implementation, monitoring and validation of provided ETL routines.
- Work with other key ITG groups such as DBAs, networking, security and infrastructure teams to assure the systems follow ITG standards and best practices.
- Implement, maintain, monitor and fix Epic supplied data feeds and processes.
- Recommend changes to ETL and data processing routines and the system configuration or environment to ensure that routines run efficiently and complete according to SLAs.
- Develop custom ETL processes to provide additional data to Epic Clarity or related data warehouses and systems to meet reporting requirements.
- Work with the appropriate vendors (i.e. Epic) and BIAA team resources to evaluate new systems, new modules for existing systems and new capabilities that need to be implemented to support critical healthcare reporting efforts.
- Perform regular backfills, system updates (SUs) and upgrades as required.
- Analyze what tables need to be included as part of normal Backfill processing and perform Backfilling process in close collaboration with other Platform Administrators, such as Caboodle.
- Perform the necessary technical installation and configuration steps to implement SUs and Upgrades. Work with the vendor to troubleshoot and resolve any application bugs that arise as a result.
Epic Clarity System Support
- Troubleshoot and analyze ETL process failures, data anomalies and other ETL or data warehouse issues identified by automated monitoring, other developers and end users.
- Work through established processes to resolve any system or data problems and communicate updates and status to affected groups.
- Recommend changes to ETL processes and/or the data warehouse model to improve existing structures and code to increase reliability and efficiency.
- Deliver additional ETL tools and/or data warehouse systems/products to improve the use of business data in the decision-making process.
Validate Data in Clarity and the Data Warehouse
Provide support to data warehouse developers, data analysts and users to validate data in the data warehouse. Investigate and report on problems and work to ensure the validity of the data warehouse.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and four years’ work-related experience in the information technology field or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environments; ORBachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and six years’ work-related experience in the information technology field or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environmentsOR Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field and seven years’ work-related experience in the information technology field or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environments; OR Eight years’ work-related experience in the information technology field or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environments.
- Required 3 years of experience administering and supporting Epic Clarity.
- Required 3 years SQL Server Experience, including SSIS and T-SQL, coding, performance tuning, and system optimization.
- Required 3 years’ experience in a data warehouse environment utilizing Epic Healthcare Data, Epic Clarity Database and Epic
- Required ETL Process.
- Required 2 years’ experience with Oracle PL/SQL coding and tuning.
- Required Knowledge of data warehousing architecture.
- Required Ability to read, write and maintain SQL Code.