Title: Communications Analyst 2
Specialty: Transmission Services Policy & Strategy
Duration: 1+ years
Application Deadline: 6/6/18
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship REQUIRED
This full-time contract Communications Analyst 2 position is located in our client’s Transmission Regulatory (TSBR) organization within Transmission Marketing & Sales (TS). This organization’s primary tasks are: 1) to ensure that FERC regulatory standards are understood and consistently applied in Transmission’s commercial business, planning, and operations functions; and 2) to focus on policy development which enables client’s Transmission’s commercial business, transmission planning, and transmission operations consistent with FERC’s regulatory guidelines.
This position will work with TSBR management to develop communications strategies and programs for Transmission Policy by writing and/or preparing communications materials and releasing them through various communications media. The positon will also develop, propose and implement approved communications plans for client’s public policy and stakeholder processes as well as prepare work papers, arrange briefings, and make presentations to all levels of management.
This position is located in Vancouver, Washington.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: This position requires confidentiality, professionalism and requires passing a higher level background investigation, for which the selected candidate must qualify to hold or continue to hold the position.
This position is NOT open to Foreign National candidates.
Contract personnel are not allowed to direct Federal employees, nor are they allowed to authorize expenditures or make decisions on behalf of client; these functions are specifically assigned to client employees. Contract personnel provide analysis, information and input to those functions. Additionally, contract personnel may only represent client (such as at seminars, industry events, etc.) with written authorization from a client Vice President.
Position Responsibilities include:
Note: all drafts, documents, materials and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate manager or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
- Collaborate with internal policy and strategy Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) across client and client management to develop presentations, set-up briefings and other tools to provide education and feedback mechanisms for internal and external stakeholders on Transmission Services’ business practices, new products, tariff revisions and new strategic initiatives.
- Serve as the liaison with client Public Affairs, providing them with information for media communication and broader client messaging.
- Coordinate with Public Affairs to synchronize messaging and identify opportunities to align with greater client strategy
- Coordinate with Transmission Web Services to verify posting of information to external websites.
- Utilize Microsoft Office software along with other appropriate software to prepare documentation, presentations, and work papers.
- Maintain and update various TS/TSB SharePoint sites by verifying updated content is displayed and working with managers and employees to design the sites to be as user-friendly as possible.
- Identify and recommend new opportunities for client to improve communication and working relationships with customers and stakeholders.This includes identifying areas for improvement in customer meetings, the Transmission website and other public interactions.
- Maintain the Tech Forum email account by monitoring messages received and distributing to the correct SME or manager.
- Draft and review with appropriate managers the communications with customers through the Tech Forum distribution list.
- Serve as point of contact with the TA group for developing communication materials for internal and external briefings.
- Draft talking points and presentations for SMEs, managers and executives to deliver in internal and external settings.
- Work with management to develop a system for information retention (in the event of sudden retirements or job change, etc.).
- Maintain and update the Decision Management Tool (DMT) content and assist in TS Manager meetings to review pending decisions and issues.
- Prepare infographics and videos for internal and external customer use.
- Work with SMEs to develop long term communications plans to unveil or modify new or existing policies.
- Provide messaging recommendations to help facilitate the communication of Transmission Policy initiatives and policies and navigate the internal decision making processes.
- Provide demos of the DMT to interested groups on request.
- Work with Transmission Account Executives to identify and resolve stakeholder and customer issues.
- Communicate with groups across organization about TSBR’s needs and how they will benefit from mutual cooperation.
- Work with client’s Power organization on Generation Inputs topics to confirm that Transmission has a voice in decision making processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, or a related discipline is highly desirable.
- 5-9 years working experience in communications analysis is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Software (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook); (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).
- Experience in the Utility industry is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the Open Access Transmission Tariff (OATT) is desirable.
- Knowledge of communication techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform via written, oral, visual media, and social media.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, including customer needs assessments.
- Skill in use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Skill in preparing documentation and work papers that are auditable.
- Experience providing expert consultation and analysis.
- Knowledge of marketing strategy and tactics.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- SharePoint and database management experience
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Skill in presenting concepts, procedures and recommendations in a clear and understandable manner.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ensure proper identification of self as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
- Must be able to pass a Personnel background check pursuant for Public Trust (SF-85P), for which the selected candidate must qualify to hold or continue to hold the position.
- The selected candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as a condition of the contract assignment.
- Up to 5% travel for meetings.
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Offsite Work may not be performed without prior approval from the Manager.
- All information associated with work performed offsite must be maintained in the client network environment. No client information will be allowed to be transmitted, stored and created, etc., on the contract worker's personal devices. Contract personnel must follow all client and government-wide security, asset management, and cyber security policies and procedures.
- Offsite work may only be performed within the client service area unless approved by the Labor Management Office. Contract personnel must keep their employer informed of their work location at all times and must coordinate any changes with their employer and client before the change occurs.
Client Provided Training: (Note: Selected candidates will be expected to complete client Provided Training as listed below, and be proficient in associated system(s) use as a core component of this position).
- OpEx Process Mapping
- Agency Decision Framework
* NOTE: Attendance at all training, workshops, conferences, etc. must be pre-approved by client.. For any such events, requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and approval is subject to the most current guidance provided to client and is subject to change. Our client reserves the right to negotiate attendance on billable/non-billable hours and reimbursement of travel costs with the supplier. Reimbursable travel costs must adhere to the Federal Travel Regulations and are submitted via an expense sheet in Fieldglass.