Title: Construction Manager
Specialty: Level 3 – Wireless Construction Manager
Job #: 9121
Location: North Bend, OR
Job Length: Multi-year opportunity with a full benefits package
The position will provide field support and assistance for Client’s Wireless program and will confirm and document that construction, upgrades, maintenance, and decommissioning of wireless facilities located on transmission facilities meet all established field procedures, policies, standards, and safety measures.
• Assist the Client Wireless Project Manager, Project Engineer and Construction Manager in preparation of specific project releases to construct, maintain, upgrade, and decommission wireless sites on Client transmission facilities. In some cases, these tasks will be accomplished with the lines still energized, and the construction manager will provide technical expertise and recommendations concerning applicable construction practices, assess critical issues associated with specific projects, and review sites to be constructed. May also represent the Client Project Manager/Engineer/Construction Manager in field meetings and site visits, and provide technical input regarding best construction practices.
• Provide on-site coordination and act as liaison between the Client Wireless Project Manager/Engineer/Construction Manager and the contractor[s] chosen to install, maintain, upgrade, and decommission wireless projects on Client transmission facilities.
• Provide technical guidance to contractors regarding installation, maintenance, upgrading, and decommissioning wireless projects on Client transmission facilities.
• Complete daily reports for the Wireless Project Manager/Engineer, documenting progress, issues, and results of work done by contract site installers to appropriate Client officials.
• Provide assistance to the contractors in terms of specific issues related to the construction and upgrades of wireless facilities. Items addressed will include site access, Minimum Approach Distances (MAD), antenna installation questions and concerns, safety concerns, arc flash issues related to panels, property owner issues, and more.
• Facilitate problem solving in the field when design documents may conflict with actual site conditions, causing constructability issues.
• Communicate with BFTE PM and/or TEZM Supervisor for direction and authorization regarding resolution of unforeseen issues with affected landowners, jurisdictions, and other problems encountered during construction, maintenance, upgrade, and decommissioning of wireless facilities.
• Act as a liaison between the contractor and Client Dispatching as needed.
• Provide written input and observations related to on-going construction, upgrades, maintenance, and decommissioning of wireless projects.
• Coordinate with the Client Wireless Project Manager/Engineer/Construction Manager to develop work schedules and availability for upcoming projects.
• With Client manager oversight and approval:
o Facilitate Client’s Emergency Material Supply (EMS), verifying that required material and structures are in place and staged for outage restoration. This involves coordinating the inventory and management of the material with Supply Chain, which requires extensive experience and knowledge of the outage restoration process.
o Monitor construction of new transmission lines and tower types, verifying that spare towers are obtained for outage restoration and entered into EMS records. This also includes properly identifying and documenting new hardware and conductors not currently in the system.
Education & Corresponding Experience:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in degree in Construction Science, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or directly-related field is preferred:
o With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 6+ years of experience is required.
o Without an applicable degree, 10+ years of experience is required.
• Experience should include:
o Managing construction of projects associated with the bulk electric system to include: access road, site development, foundation, substation, transmission line, telecommunication, and/or non-electric facility construction projects.
o Developing cost estimates.
o Disseminating technical information in writing and orally to outside agencies.
Required Technical Skills & Experience:
• Familiarity with wireless installations and operation of transmission systems.
• Working knowledge of all safety issues associated with working in high-voltage environments.
• Knowledge and experience of construction practices when working with Minimum Approach Distances (MAD) on energized lines.
• Knowledge and experience working with “Hold” and “Clearance” Orders or comparable knowledge/experience in other private or public electrical utilities.
• Knowledge and experience with grounding procedures in private or public electrical utilities.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Knowledge of impact reliability risks to transmission.
• Experience in performing and overseeing ‘proximity work’ on fully energized transmission structures and lines.
Pre-Employment Requirement: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Founded in 2002, ieSolutions is recognized as one of the largest locally owned Talent Staffing Services company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We deliver our best each day to provide Reliable, Fair, Collaborative and Compassionate services to our customers, candidates, and employees.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Our employees receive a competitive compensation package which includes health benefits, disability insurance, access to a 401k plan, paid-time-off and a continued professional development/education benefit.
ieSolutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.