Job #: 8376
Title: Data Analyst 3
Specialty: Data Integration/ETL Developer
Application Due Date: 2/21/2018
Additional Position Information:
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship or Green Card REQUIRED
This full-time contract position is located in the Data Integration and Reporting (JSR) organization within our client IT department. This position will develop Extract, Transformation and Loading (ETL) procedures for implementing data integration and data migration tasks in support of Data Warehousing and other data integration projects, and requires demonstrated experience using an ETL tool such as Informatica Suite (including Power Center and Power Exchange) or an equivalent tool, as well as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS). In addition to new development, responsibilities will also include support of operations and maintenance, as well as 24x7 production support on a rotational basis. This position is located at our client’s Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
Note: all official drafts, documents materials and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate manager and/or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
- Act as technical team mentor for assigned projects.
- Facilitate training and cross-training to other Data Analysts.
- Develop and maintain OLAP cubes using Microsoft SSAS.
- Develop Extract, Transformation and Loading (ETL) procedures for implementing data integration and data migration tasks in support of Data Warehousing and other data integration projects.
- Develop C# code/routines in order to transform file formats and/or interact with web services.
- Develop application services and/or web services using .NET.
- Assist with the development of ETL procedures, batch processes, and scheduling; troubleshoot problems and make suggestions for performance tuning and system integrity.
- Develop data models and database design techniques, including relational and dimensional modeling.
- Effectively map source to target data to meet business/system requirements.
- Facilitate SQL stored procedures and advanced SQL queries.
- Assist with the development of functional and technical requirements documents for diverse audience (technical and non-technical), including migration, implementation and test plans.
- Develop mappings and workflows in Informatica to automate data integration.
- Draft working documents for interfaces with non-Standard systems.
- Debug, analyze and troubleshoot data quality issues.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Technology or a directly-related field is preferred.
- 10+ years of work experience in Computer Technology or related field is required.
- 10+ years of experience in Data Warehousing design techniques is required.
- 10+ years of experience in Data Analysis, source system analysis and data mapping is required.
- Demonstrated C# experience sufficient to develop code/routines for transforming file formats feeding into various data integration points is required.
- Demonstrated MDX/DAX programming language experience sufficient to develop reports and calculated measures is required.
- Demonstrated experience with the following is required:
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2008
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2008
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010 (C# .NET)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012
- Windows Server 2008/2012
- The following skills are preferred:
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Task automation and monitoring.
- Informatica Suite including:
- Power Center version 8 or higher.
- Power Exchange version 8 or higher.
- Experience with software development coordination with clients and management.
- Experience with Oracle and Sybase relational database systems.
- Experience using XML, XSD and WSDL.
- Experience in Database Analysis.
- Experience with Power Shell development.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills with technical team members and customers is important to assist in developing user requirements from both internal and external clients into functional capability that will represent our client to external parties and provide assurance of our client’s management of resources.
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills.
- Carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem solving abilities.
- Work autonomously, given specific assignments.
- Meet timelines, milestones, and deliverables and provide timely (daily) status updates.
- Communicate technical information verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical users.
- Understand and follow established processes and procedures including Change Management, Work Tracking and Time Management.
- Ensure proper identification of self as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
- The selected candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as a condition of the contract assignment.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license is required.
- This position may require minimal travel (approximately 10%) for meetings and to Field locations.
- Approximately 5% overtime is anticipated.
- This position will include support of operations and maintenance, as well as 24x7 production support on a rotational basis.
- This position may be eligible for situational offsite work, subject to the completion of an Offsite Work Memorandum of Understanding.
- RSA token shall only be utilized when conducting work directly related to the API. Any other work is unauthorized. Contract worker is responsible for the safe-keeping of the issued RSA token at all times. If the RSA token is lost or compromised, immediately contact the COTR. All information associated with work performed offsite must be maintained in the network environment.No client information will be allowed to be transmitted, stored and created, etc., on the contract worker's personal devices. Contract personnel must follow all client and government-wide security, asset management, and cyber security policies and procedures.
- Offsite work may only be performed within the client service area unless approved by the Labor Management Office (our client).Contract personnel must keep their employer informed of their work location at all times and must coordinate any changes with their employer and our client before the change occurs.
- Upon selection of the assignment, the contract worker may be required to complete internal/external training to support assigned programs or software, software upgrades, or to learn new client technology.
* NOTE: Attendance at all training, workshops, conferences, etc. must be pre-approved by our client. For any such events, requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and approval is subject to the most current guidance provided by our client or DOE and is subject to change. Our client reserves the right to negotiate attendance on billable/non-billable hours and reimbursement of travel costs with the supplier. Reimbursable travel costs must adhere to the Federal Travel Regulations and are submitted via an expense sheet.