Title: Data Analyst
Job #: 5588-1
Location: Beaverton, OR
Job Length: Multi-year opportunity
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in a well-respected market leader, located near Washington Square Mall in Beaverton.
The Production Data Analyst (DA) develops database queries, scripts, tools, and methods to manage data according to client requirements, within defined technical standards, and within time constraints. Emphasis is on ETL procedures. The DA is proficient with relational database concepts and practices, is able to evaluate and write complex SQL queries, and can create and maintain common database objects such as views, stored procedures, and user-defined functions. The DA should be familiar with and able to utilize code management and/or revision control tools and follow standard software development practices. The majority of time is spent developing and refining ETL processes, writing update queries, and writing ad-hoc queries on behalf of clients and stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain ETL procedures according to client specifications and within defined technical standards.
- Develop and maintain database stored procedures, user-defined functions, views, triggers and other common database objects.
- Write custom and ad-hoc SQL queries and update queries.
- Follow prescribed software development standards, processes, procedures, methodologies, etc., according to departmental policies and conventions.
- Interact and correspond professionally with team members, project management, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Account for and accurately log time against project work.
- BS Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
- 2+ years hands-on experience with MS SQL Server, 2008 R2 or higher, as a developer or DBA.
- Strong SQL skills, able to create and to evaluate complex SQL statements involving numerous tables and complex relationships.
- Ability to work in an environment with deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Basic understanding of and experience with query performance tuning.
- Experience developing and maintaining ETL procedures.
- Experience with SSIS preferred.
- Experience or familiarity with C# or Visual Basic is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; able to adjust for intended audience. Fluency in English.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO W-2 CANDIDATES ONLY. NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Founded in 2002, ieSolutions is recognized as one of the largest locally owned Talent Staffing Services company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We deliver our best each day to provide Reliable, Fair, Collaborative and Compassionate services to our customers, candidates and employees.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
ieSolutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.