Title: Data Steward 1
Specialty: Data Management
Job #: 9117
Location: Portland, OR
Due Date: 6/13/2019
Job Length: 3+ months with a full benefits package
Immediate opening to work as Data Steward in our client KS department. This role is responsible for coordinating, managing, overseeing, and directing activities related to the lifecycle of agency revenue metering data. This is a 3-month position to start and will support data clean up tasks by filling in missing data, performing transfer of data, sorting data, and other manual data clean-up efforts.
- Perform manual data entry to move Meter Installation and Change (MI&C) forms from SharePoint to Metering Applications Page (MAP), which is the system of record for meter event information.
- Perform manual data entry and research into Service Point Profile (SPP) to complete the following tasks:
- Fill in all blank Manner of Service directions and Manner of Service descriptions using contracts as a reference.
- Fill in missing data for generation information in SPP (based on load profile type). Use the ‘Current SPP’ report to find all missing generation information in SPP and work with Customer Service Engineering (CSE) to fill in information.
- Perform transfers for customer cleanup in SPP including confirming accuracy of identified transfer points and filling in missing transfer providers that includes using the ‘Current SPP’ report to find all ‘Yes’ transfer points in SPP, then work with the CSEs and Transfer Services (PST) to confirm the ‘Yes’ is accurate and to fill in the missing transfer customer provider information.
- Perform cleanup all bi-directional references in the meter data management system, that include:
- Sorting through all meters by name to identify missing bi-directional meter relationships in Agency Metering System (AMS).
- Working with the Meter Data Analyst (MDA) and CSE to determine if the meter is indeed a bi-directional pair and make the adjustments in AMS to join the two meters.
- Making a note in SPP as to why the meters are NOT bi-directional pairs to avoid future confusion.
Education & Corresponding Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field is preferred.
- .5 years of experience in a technical environment performing data analysis, data warehousing or similar work is required.
Required Technical Skills & Experience
- 1-year of experience in data analysis, source system analysis and data mapping.
- 1-year prior electric utility or metering data work experience (preferred).
- Valid Driver’s License
Pre-Employment Requirement: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Founded in 2002, ieSolutions is recognized as one of the largest locally owned Talent Staffing Services company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We deliver our best each day to provide Reliable, Fair, Collaborative and Compassionate services to our customers, candidates, and employees.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Our employees receive a competitive compensation package which includes health benefits, disability insurance, access to a 401k plan, paid-time-off and a continued professional development/education benefit.
ieSolutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.