FTE/ Permanent role
Our security-focused client is looking to bring on a DevOps Engineer that is looking for a home that has a welcoming and energetic environment, that encourages collaboration and innovation. They’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Participate in cross-functional feature teams to bring operational perspective during the development cycle in the form of non-functional requirements; develop and evangelize best practices for commonly needed design patterns
- Driving deployment automation towards repeatable, consistent, and safe outcomes
- Driving down systemic risk through failure mode analysis, instrumentation, and mitigation
- Driving testing of reliability and scalability
- Provide operational support for highly critical real-time APIs to meet SLO and SLA objectives
- Troubleshoot issues with our systems at all levels of the stack by performing deep problem analysis to identify the root cause and appropriate resolution
- Work to reduce manual toil through automation and development of standardized practices for managing systems and services
- Take part in a 24x7 on-call rotation (current on-call rotation is once every 9 weeks)
- Perform routine care and feeding tasks of the production environment including deployments, data corrections, and upgrades
- Tools we use: Java, Groovy, Ruby, Python, Perl, Git, Go, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redis, ActiveMQ, MySQL Puppet, Rundeck, Docker, Kubernetes, CentOS, Sensu, Collectd, Graphite, JMX JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket
- At least 3 years of development operations and/or application development experience, including demonstrated experience in a SaaS environment.
- Proven experience performing root cause analysis and advanced troubleshooting
- Experience with systems management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible and concepts of configuration management in a large-scale environment
- Strong experience supporting customer-facing applications on a Linux platform
- Practical knowledge of at least one scripting language (Bash, Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Experience operating SQL and NoSQL data stores in a high throughput, high availability, low latency environment
- Experience with capacity planning practices or methodologies
- Familiarity with Java debugging tools
- Familiarity with operating software based on Spring Cloud and/or associated components
- Experience operating Apache Cassandra, Elastic Search, Lucene, Solr or Katta in a production environment
- Experience operating containers (Docker, rkt) in a production setting
- Experience using Kubernetes, Marathon, Docker Swarm or another container orchestration platform
- Experience troubleshooting and/or building systems in the JVM
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About APR Staffing:
APR Staffing was born from the merging of two well-respected staffing firms in Portland. ieSolutions, founded in 2002, has a long history as one of the largest locally owned technical staffing companies. Professional Resource Group, aka Data Resource Group, founded in 2009, also earned wide-spread acclaim for being a fast-growing and highly motivated professional staffing agency.
Both companies have been recent award winners for the Portland Business Journal's Fastest Growing Private Companies. The two firms, now as APR Staffing, make for one of the fastest growing and most respected professional staffing companies in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
APR Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.