#1933 - Electrical Designer
Duration: 10 Months ( renewable)
CTC/ or W2 rate
**Local candidate only **
Brief Job Description:
o Provide professional-level electrical design knowledge and on-site support at thermal, hydro and wind power plants and switchyards.
o Assists engineers in routine engineering designs.
o Resolve “as-built” problems and conflicts, Perform walk downs on systems to check "as-built" conditions
o Coordinate with and consult with other workers to as-built, lay out or detail components and systems to resolve design or other problems.
o Organize and mark-up design drawings from engineering notes, sketches and vendor prints.
o Review and check design drawings for design and drafting accuracy, applying guidelines, established criteria and experience.
Various capital projects in addition to the As-Built Reduction Project. Complete a large backlog of electrical as-builts for client's fleet of Power Plants.
Size of the team this resource will be working with? 2-4
Preferred job skills:
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and capability of self-checking for completeness and accuracy of work produced.
- Autodesk Vault ( Document Control Software) experience highly desirable
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices and basic electrical theory.
- Power Generation or Utility design experience
Top 3 skills to be successful in this role:
• Problem Solving
• Electrical Design
• Self-Starter/Personal accountability