Job #: 8477
Title: Electronic Engineering Technician 3- Telecom
Specialty: Inventory Specialist
Application Due date: 4/19/18
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION:
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship REQUIRED
Additional Position Information:
This full-time contract Electronic Engineering Technician 3 position will work in our client’s Technical Evaluation and System Testing department (TECE). TECE provides engineering and testing support for our client’s telecommunication facilities and associated equipment. This position will be responsible for telecommunication test equipment loan pool stewardship and will interface closely with the equipment specialist engineers, purchasing personnel and vendors to evaluate equipment needs and availability. This position is located in Vancouver, Washington.
This position is NOT open to Foreign National candidates.
Contract personnel are not allowed to direct Federal employees, nor are they allowed to authorize expenditures or make decisions on behalf of our client ; these functions are specifically assigned to federal employees. Contract personnel provide analysis, information and input to those functions. Additionally, contract personnel may only represent our client (such as at seminars, industry events, etc.) with written authorization from a client Vice President
Position Responsibilities include:
Note: all official drafts, documents materials and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate manager and/or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
- Work with engineering and purchasing personnel in the specification and acquisition of new test equipment
- Develop and maintain databases related to the production of electrical and electronic prints.
- Prepare detailed design, material, or procurement specifications for equipment, verifying that technical tradeoffs have been considered and that decisions conform to existing policies and standards and are within budgetary constraints.
- Prepare engineering designs or assist in developing engineering requirements for the development, installation and modification facilities based on analysis of engineering and design requirements, project parameters and technical information from multiple sources.
- Adapt standard guides and templates to assigned projects.
- Maintain and track loan pool inventory.
- Work with the equipment specialist engineer(s) to understand equipment requirements and collect relevant market options for each need.
- Act as Secondary Asset Center Representative (ACR) responsible to Primary ACR for Sunflower Transactions and Sunflower inventory management.
- Assist field personnel in negotiating repair and replacement of field test equipment
- Catalogue new test equipment and maintenance of existing equipment catalog.
- Assist in the preparation of procurement documentation (statements of work, sole source justification, etc.).
- Evaluate engineering proposals, shop drawings and design comments for sound electrical engineering practice and conformance with established safety and design criteria.
- Conduct inspections for quality control and assurance programs, reporting findings and recommendations to Manager for review and further action.
- Assist primary custodian with software based property management (Sunflower Software).
- Interact with test equipment manufacturers for the purpose of price quotations, demo requests, and warranty and repair issue resolution.
- Act as point of contact for developing and drafting processes and standards, coordinating with internal and external groups to obtain information.
- Act as the point of contact for developing and updating telecommunication test equipment standards and usage practices.
- Establish and maintain workload management and work processes to meet project goals and timelines.
- Follow process through development of purchase order and verify that issues are resolved through the equipment specialists.
- Available to field personnel and local individuals in real time to address equipment needs and provide immediate response as necessary in urgent and emergency situations.
- Distribute loan equipment, track equipment location at all times, and verify that equipment is returned when the need has been satisfied.
- Interface with the calibration lab to expedite repairs and maintain the loan pool in useable condition.
- Collaborate with vendors to collect accurate equipment quotes that properly reflect specified need, actively monitor the receipt of equipment, and work with engineers to QA and accept items.
- Associate’s degree in engineering technology, mathematics, computer science or a related field is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology, mathematics, computer science or a related field is highly preferred.
This is a Level 3 Position:14+ years of experience in a technical/engineering environment required without an applicable degree.
- 12 years of experience in a technical/engineering environment required with an applicable Associate’s degree.
- 10 years of experience in a technical/engineering environment required with an applicable Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience installing or maintaining Radio Frequency and Fiber Optic communications systems is preferred.
- Strong background in logistics and asset/inventory management is preferred.
- Basic understanding of networks and network interface settings in the DOS and Windows environment is preferred.
- Ability to perform basic computer maintenance and facilitate minor computer repairs is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook including Microsoft Office 2010 is required.
- Preferred hands-on experience using and understanding of the following communications test equipment is highly desirable:
- Digital Voltmeter (DVM)
- Optical Time Doman Reflectometer (OTDR)
- Signal Analyzer
- T1 Analyzer
- Service Monitor
- Protocol Analyzer
- RF Frequency Counter
- RF Power Meter
- Experience participating in and performing effectively in a project team environment.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple work assignments and changing priorities.
- Skill in oral and written communication to effectively fulfill client/customer/team requirements.
- Ensure proper identification of self as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc
- The selected candidate will be required to sign a client Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as a condition of the contract assignment.
- Offsite Work may not be performed without prior approval from the Manager.
- All information associated with work performed offsite must be maintained in the client network environment. No client information will be allowed to be transmitted, stored and created, etc., on the contract worker's personal devices. Contract personnel must follow all client and government-wide security, asset management, and cyber security policies and procedures.
- Offsite work may only be performed within the client service area unless coordinated through the client. Contract personnel must keep their employer informed of their work location at all times and must coordinate any changes with their employer and client before the change occurs.
- Approximately 5% travel anticipated for meetings/training.
- Valid U.S. Drivers’ License is required.
- Up to 10% overtime may be required.
Required Client-Provided Training:
- Asset Suite
*Note: Attendance at all conferences, workshops, training, etc. must be pre-approved by client. For any such events, requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis; approval is subject to the most current guidance provided to client and is subject to change. Client reserves the right to negotiate attendance on billable/non-billable hours and reimbursement of travel costs with the supplier. Reimbursable travel costs must adhere to the Federal Travel Regulations and be submitted via an expense sheet in Fieldglass.