Job #: 9038
Title: Electronics Designer 2
Specialty: Planning & Design
Location: Vancouver, WA
Application Due Date: 5/24/2019
Job Length: 1+Year Contract
This position will support Client’s Telecommunications Network and Support Engineering organization (TENN) located in Vancouver, Washington. This position provides engineering expertise, assisting project managers and other engineering personnel in implementing projects supporting field maintenance crews and operations, and other related design and engineering activities. Most of the work this position does at a sitting/standing desk in an office environment. Work is accomplished at an individual level, but involves coordination with engineering personnel and project managers.
• Compiles technical results in summary form such as tables, reports, and graphics to support engineering staff.
• Provides input into the development of and maintenance of the Telecommunications Circuit Information System (TCIS) Database or a similar management tool.
• Drafts and prepares conceptual plans of service for assigned projects.
• Coordinates plans of service with stakeholders, and implements plans for assigned projects.
• Assists in development of standards for planning and design documentation of new equipment and technology.
• Prepares and processes work statements. May be requested to assist other staff with development of work statements.
• Drafts and prepares modifications of design drawings.
• Provides technical support to construction, operations and maintenance personnel.
• Assists in the development of detailed methods of procedures to design, and track construction status.
• Reviews communication circuits on PRD (project requirements diagram) and provides recommendations for potential errors and conflicts in infrastructure design and circuit routings.
• Assists in developing documentation to track SONET nodes, radio hops, and STS-1 tunnels found on communications network.
• Reviews and analyzes data directly from SONET multiplexer equipment. Alert Client manager of any noted concerns or potential issues.
• Draft and prepare designs and implements systems, network configurations and network architecture including hardware and software technology, site locations and integration of existing technologies. Submits all draft materials and recommendations to appropriate Client manager / personnel for review, consideration and acceptance / approval.
• Draft and prepare detailed network specifications, including diagrams, charts, equipment configurations, and recommended technologies.
• Works with Client personnel to modify any discrepancies found in the TENN planning files and the official files so the circuit documentation is accurate.
• Provides recommendations on procedures for installation, use, and troubleshooting of communications hardware and software.
• Participates in network architecture and design review and provides recommendations for network design issues.
• Communicates technical information verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical users.
• Provides project / task updates (oral or written) as requested by Client manager.
• Reviews circuit design projects of peers and provides technical feedback for items such as cross connection reports, port and port channel assignments, correct card naming, schematic views, functions, end point connections, etc. Alerts Client manager of any noted concerns or potential issues.
• Assists Hardware Engineers with TCIS circuit review procedures.
• Assists with TCIS training efforts.
• Provides technical design assistance to junior Electronic Designers and others in the group, as requested.
Education & Corresponding Experience:
• 15 years combination of education, certifications and/or work experience in a technical/engineering environment or related field is required.
• Associates Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology or a related field/ or equivalent degree/certification from a technical institute count towards 2 year of experience.
• Directly related military experience count towards 2 years of experience. Completion of applicable Military Technical Training schools/programs should be included in the Education section of the resume and should detail the coursework that is applicable to this position.
• Note: Education programs should include electronic circuit theory; digital systems design; MW, UHF, VHF radio operation and troubleshooting; fiber design, installation and troubleshooting; and other non-ABET accredited courses in engineering.
Required Technical Skills & Experience:
• 3 years’ experience with transmission and operational telecommunications systems.
• 3 years’ experience with transport core and edge products and management tools, including Cisco ONE, Cisco routers and switches, and Alcatel equipment.
• 3 years’ of experience with engineering standards, serial and interoffice circuits, and network equipment while data basing the inventory and design systems.
• 3 years’ of experience with telecommunications backbone infrastructure connectivity.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Technical proficiency and knowledge sufficient to allow candidate to act as Subject Matter Expert for two or more pieces of telecommunications hardware, such as IDF blocks, VF Jackfields, channel banks, NMS alarming, digital radios, multiplexer equipment, patch panels, etc.
• Knowledge of the class of service requirements necessary to route both analog and digital communication circuits of various types, including voice, SCADA, transfer trip and other circuits used on transmission systems.
• Ability to develop detailed methods to draft circuit documentation and Statements of Work with details for installing the new circuits and retiring the old circuits.
• Experience managing multiple work assignments and changing priorities.
Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
First Aid/AED/CPR Certification required within 30 days of assignment start. Worker/Employer is responsible for maintaining current certification.
White Hard Hat
Overtime: Up to 5% anticipated
Travel: Up to 10% for meetings and site visits
Training Expectations: Worker is expected to keep current on the latest technologies and skills required for the position.
Pre-Employment Requirement: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Founded in 2002, ieSolutions is recognized as one of the largest locally owned Talent Staffing Services company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We deliver our best each day to provide Reliable, Fair, Collaborative and Compassionate services to our customers, candidates, and employees.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Our employees receive a competitive compensation package which includes health benefits, disability insurance, access to a 401k plan, paid-time-off and a continued professional development/education benefit.
ieSolutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.