Title: Enterprise System Lead
Job #: 102191
Location: Bend, OR
Job Length: Full-time Direct Hire
As our Enterprise Systems Lead you will focus on technical leadership to ensure the department meets business objectives and delivers business value. This role will be responsible for managing and monitoring, and securing and maintaining the infrastructure environment. You'll be responsible for reporting issues/concerns that affect the operational stability of any production system or environment to chain of command with sense of urgency.
Primary responsibilities/functions you are responsible for:
Manage and maintain the core server infrastructure which includes, but is not limited to:
- Responsibility for the protection, retention, and integrity of system data;
- Designing, architecting and implementing SaaS solutions;
- Upgrade and patch management;
- Troubleshooting analysis;
- Performance optimization; and
- Accurately documenting all work in appropriate incident tracking.
Serve as the expert representative of the department on assigned projects, providing technical governance and ensuring server solution best practices are adhered to;
- Review, research, and recommend system design improvements across platforms:
- Design SaaS solutions
- Collaborate with vendor partners on SaaS and PaaS solutions
- Ensure transition to and functionality of cloud-based solutions
Serve as team leader and mentor by:
- Providing ongoing training, assessment, development, coordination and skill building of staff required to support effective and efficient department operation that is in alignment with the functional manager's direction ;
- Serving as a role model to others on the team by ensuring best practices are followed and taking a leadership role in projects;
- Assisting in the selection and hiring of new team members; and
- Providing employee performance feedback and observations to manager.
- Bachelor's degree (BS or BA) and/or equivalent from a 4 year undergraduate program, plus 5 to 7 years in server/system administration OR a minimum of 9 years experience or training in server administration.
- Experience in a virtualized cloud environment required.
- Excellent knowledge of heterogeneous networked server environment, including but not limited to Microsoft Windows Server, Linux, Novell Netware, Citrix, Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server, Netbackup, Server Hardware, TCP/IP, VMWare and Storage Area Networks.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Candidate must have strong experience with multiple AWS services beyond traditional IaaS.
- Hands-on AWS experience with a minimum of 2 implementations (preferred in Enterprise scale environments)
- Have experience with DevOps and Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with core AWS platform architecture.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Founded in 2002, ieSolutions is recognized as one of the largest locally owned Talent Staffing Services company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We deliver our best each day to provide Reliable, Fair, Collaborative and Compassionate services to our customers, candidates and employees.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Our employees receive a competitive compensation package which includes health benefits, disability insurance, access to a 401k plan, paid-time-off and a continued professional development/education benefit.
ieSolutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.