Title: Software Developer 3 ( NET/ Java/ Java Script )
Location: Portland, OR
Duration: 1 + yr contract (multi-year)
Applications Due: 11/18/18
This contract Software Developer position is located in the Enterprise Applications Support (JSP) organization within the IT department. he role of this position is to support the design, development, and management of application systems within the organization portfolios to meet current and future business requirements. This position will also apply, extend, enhance, and/or optimize existing architecture. Not Open to Foreign Nationals
- Develop and support client’s Enterprise business applications:
- Enhance and fix bugs in existing custom and COTS ERP business applications.
- Interface with the customers to understand their processes and requirements and be able to translate a set of requirements into computer source code using the software tools provided on a Windows platform.
- Produce technical documentation and articulate technical information with both functional and technical team members to facilitate knowledge transfer.
- Function as a team member in performing project application design and development tasks.
- Perform analysis, design, development, and testing project tasks, and analysis and resolution of maintenance issues.
- Coordinate, report status on the design, development and testing of new custom software system.
- Design and develop thorough unit tests.
- Distinguish key interactions and dependencies among enterprise applications.
- Communicate with a wide variety of technical and business experts in both individual and group settings.
- Analyze, test, and apply changes to the application environment under the prevailing change management procedures and requirements.
- Provide analytical, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Provide problem analysis to the client and follow up with documentation.
Education & Corresponding Experience
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Post-Graduate College Degree in Computer/Information Technology or a closely-related discipline is preferred.
- This is a level 3 position: 7+ years combination of education, and/or work experience in Computer/Information Technology or directly-related field is required. Each applicable college degree will count towards 2 years of experience.
Note: Equivalent related degrees will only count once. For example: A candidate with two Associate degrees in different Computer/Information Technology disciplines, will only be given credit for 2 years of experience.
Required Technical Skills & Experience
The following required skills for this position are Critical:
- Proficiency in ASP, HTML, CSS, XML and XSLT.
- Proficiency with Visual Studio (2012 or greater) and Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Experience working in a large production environment.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Proficient in graphical user interface design & usability.
- Proficient in developing well-tuned, complex SQL and stored procedures for Oracle or SQL Server.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with custom .NET, PHP, Java web development.
- Experience with XML, XSLT and web service development.
- Experience with COTS ERP application development and support.
- Experience with Oracle middle tier construct and services such as Weblogic.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with all phases of Systems Development Life Cycle including maintenance.
- Experience with a version control system, preferably Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Knowledge of system performance and tuning.
- Knowledge of database design and modeling.
- Knowledge of financial Debt Management principles.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.