Job Number: 580287
Job Title: Epic Reporting Analyst
Duration: 18 Months
Location: Portland, OR
Long term consultant opening for Epic Reporting Analyst to assist the ITG group of our large healthcare client. The mission of the Information Technology Group (ITG) is to develop, implement and maintain technology-based services and solutions enabling client to effectively manage information to accomplish its missions.
The Epic Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer provides analytics, reporting and project coordination necessary to support client in delivering value based care. This data is primarily available in Epic Hyperspace, Clarity and Caboodle as well as our client Healthcare Data Warehouse.
The Epic Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer will be user facing role, responsible for soliciting and documenting business requirements from healthcare business partners, including healthcare leadership at client and across client Partner sites. This position will also be translating business requirements into functional requirements for BI solution development. The ideal candidate would have a strong grasp of Epic data, especially what is contained in Epic Clarity and Hyperspace. This position will also develop solutions in Business Intelligence tools and structures that are commonly utilized by organizations on the Epic Systems EMR, including: Business Objects Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports, and Reporting Workbench. Tableau development capability is also a plus.
The Incumbent will observe due care, objectivity and respect for confidentiality. All employees must keep confidential what they hear and what they see when handling, reviewing, or observing: communications and records thereof (calls, email, pages, fax, etc.), data transmission, databases, or other forms of information. Confidentiality extends to the identities of the parties of the communications, and even to the fact that the communication took place. When sharing information, consider whether the recipient has a true “business need to know.”
ITG employees are responsible for the security of client technology. In exercising their duties, ITG employees must follow client security directives, incorporating security measures in the delivery of their everyday tasks, and are required to report security concerns to the ITG Security Engineering team.
- Requirements gathering through strong collaboration with department reporting users and other strategic partners.
- Provide complete and consistent documentation using BIMD accepted processes and tools, leveraging information acquired from multiple data sources including but not limited to – Epic modules, patient experience survey systems, third party payor claims, and other data sources. Accurate capture of associated business processes, potential process improvements, data availability, structure, and relationships. Facilitating working sessions with clinical users, clinical leadership, project team members and functional partners such as Hospital Finance.
- Detailed data analysis to identify data sources, definitions and the correct implementation of business rules. This will require the use of Epic Hyperspace tools such as record viewer, registry monitor, registry editor, and rule editor.
- Ability to readily perform SQL queries of Epic Clarity, Caboodle, and our client Data Warehouse for data validation, capture, and report development activities.
- Work with business partners to determine the accuracy of value sets used in business rules.
- Partnering with the client Data Governance Program to develop a library of metrics, value sets, analytics solutions and reporting assets produced by work assignments.
System Design and Development
- Analyze Epic functionality to simplify solution design, improve flow of data, and make use of enhancements. This will require familiarity with navigating Epic Galaxy.
- BI Solution design that best meet the customers’ requirements and business goals, considering:
- Needs of client and client partner’s sites
- Variations in data sources
- Availability of external data
- BI tool functionality
- Clinical integration
- Maintenance costs
- Working closely with technical developers and application team to ensure the technical solution meets the business requirements. This will include evaluating business logic and data transformation in ETL, as well as Hyperspace CER rules.
- Contributing to the development of Hyperspace reporting solutions, including: Epic Radar Dashboards and Epic Reporting Workbench Reports
- Development of Epic Clarity or Epic CDW analytical solutions using SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports, and Tableau.
- Develop test plans/documentation, conduct testing and validation as appropriate.
- Working with business users on integrating the BI solutions to help providers care for populations and clinical leaders drive change.
- Assist in creation and updating necessary project documentation
- Assign project tasks to team members and follow up to assure that they are completed on schedule
- Schedule and lead project team meetings
- Provide project progress reports
- Escalate roadblocks
- Coordinate training material creation
- Coordinate quality assurance
- Coordinate the creation of a go-live support plan, including but not limited to:
- provides in-service to units and individuals expected to provide on-going operational support
- creates how-to documentation to be used by internal units and individuals expected to provide on-going operational support
- Develop and maintain project management processes and documentation for continual improvement as needed