Job #: 2620
Job Title: Logistics Financial Analyst III
Location: Portland, OR
Duration: 2-year contract
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Responsible for establishing and overseeing standard processes for reporting logistics costs, ensuring compliance to processes and analysis to identify opportunities for savings and process improvements. Support the planning and analytics related to logistics operations. A typical Analyst has goals of improving efficiency in logistics, driving cost savings, and providing reporting on financial and operational metrics to management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with third parties, ensure the freight bill and audit process is reporting compliance and optimizing efficiencies.
- Research, analyze, and implement best practices as appropriate in the business unit
- Resolve problems concerning transportation invoicing and logistics systems
- Lead logistics financial reporting to ensure transparency and accuracy and appropriate financial system set up
- Work cross-functionally to ensure carrier rates are accurately captured in the appropriate systems
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions
- Support preparation of monthly presentations for leadership team • Track, monitor and measure the benefit of implemented solutions for moderately complex issues, applying company policies and procedures in the resolution of a variety of issues
Required Background Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors’ degree required
- 5-7 years’ financial experience, including 2 years of logistics related experience
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to analyze complex data sets and present summary message
- Experience with process improvement activities within supply chain, specifically logistics
- Conceptual and critical thinking abilities needed to identify opportunities to streamline and automate data reporting requirements and strong self-initiative
- Knowledge of industry practices and standards