Full-Time / Permanent / Exempt
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: College education and/or related business experience preferred.
Experience: 1-2 years’ work experience in Sales and Estimating preferably in the Construction field.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office skills as well as experience in AutoCAD.
Other Requirements: Strong telephone and interpersonal skills required. Demonstrated ability to deal with customers.
Organizational skills, follow-up, and efficiency skills required.
Ability to work with a variety of personalities, remaining flexible and solution oriented.
Prefer knowledge of PartnerPak estimating software for Kawneer.
Knowledge of Kawneer/storefront products including training in basics of storefront framing and entrances.
- Evaluates the project and determine the scope of the bid with the Glass Division General Manager.
- Reviews all architectural drawings, specifications, and addenda for the project.
- Reviews all proposal drawings, structural calculations, and other information for compliance with the bidding documents.
- Evaluates the project construction schedule for visual mock-ups, performance testing, material delivery and field installation and advise the Manager.
- Prepares a complete quantity survey for all materials to be included in the scope of the bid.
- Prepares material summaries and sketches as required for the solicitation of quotations as required for the preparation of the cost estimate.
- Estimates all field and shop labor hours required for the scope of the works.
- Obtains labor rates, tax rates, transportation expenses, duty rates and any other cost information as required for the preparation of the cost estimate.
- Solicits for subcontractor quotations as necessary to complete the scope of work. Update subcontractors with plans, specifications, and addenda.
- Reviews vendor quotations for accuracy, completeness, and conformity with the specifications.
- Updates vendors when addendums are issued and handle questions and clarifications from vendors.
- Prepares a complete and accurate cost estimate for the project.
- Meets required deadlines for proposals.
- Prepares sales prices, formal proposals, unit prices, and other breakdowns as required by the bid forms.
- Prepares a complete list of inclusions, clarifications, and exclusions to be submitted with the bid.
- Utilizes Benson’s computerized estimating spreadsheets and proposal forms in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Assists in the preparation of the Benson’s Bid Package for submittal to the customer.
- Performs additional assignments per the Manager’s direction.
- Attendance in the office during normal business hours.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Financial Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Innovative – Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About APR Staffing:
APR Staffing was born from the merger of two well-respected technical staffing firms in Portland. ieSolutions, founded in 2002, enjoyed an impressive reputation as one of the largest locally-owned and most respected technical staffing companies. Professional Resource Group, aka Data Resource Group, founded in 2009, also earned regional acclaim for being a fast-growing and highly-motivated professional staffing agency. Both companies have been recent award winners for the Portland Business Journal's Fastest-Growing Private Companies. The two firms, now as APR Staffing, make for one of the fastest-growing and most-respected professional and technical staffing companies in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative professionals. We provide only high-caliber, professional-grade resources throughout the Pacific Northwest.
APR Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace