Title: Graphic Designer
Specialty: Level 3
Job #: 9299
Application Due Date: 2019-11-18
Location: Portland, OR
Job Length: Multi-year opportunity with a full benefits package
This full-time contract position will serve as a Graphic Designer in the Employee Communications and Graphics (DKC) organization of the Client. This position assists Client leadership with communicating Client policies, programs, and actions. This position will also inform internal stakeholders and the external public about the mission, programs, and activities of the Client.
• Performs graphic design and layout using a computer workstation and specialized software applications including Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Acrobat Pro.
• Using strong page layout and composition skills, conceptualizes, creates, produces and delivers graphic products including:
o Promotional and educational materials
o Display ads
o WeClientge design
o Social media content.
• Produces graphics with a working knowledge of other applications that may interface with a design project including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Drafts illustrations, charts, graphs and other visuals from raw data to be included in publications, presentations or other graphic projects.
• Drafts items for use on the web including web layouts, web buttons and graphics. Uses tools such as Adobe Flash to create animations for internal and external websites. Modifies and sizes images for online use.
• Evaluates approved graphics requests and meets with clients, as necessary, to brainstorm concepts and determine the appropriate graphic design solutions to meet their needs/goals.
• Uses the full array of graphic design tools and solutions to effectively communicate themes, issues, programs or projects, ensuring that final products are of high quality, exhibit professionalism and reflect well on Client.
• Takes photographs of people or events to be used in publications or presentations.
• Uses production skills to complete jobs such as straight-edge cutting, mounting on foamcore or other surfaces, folding, scoring, framing, etc.
• Uses tools such as Pantone color books, tint books and paper sample books to complete graphic jobs.
• Prepares products for outside printing by creating print quality pdf files with correct print setting, creating booklets when needed, burning CDs that contain fonts, photos, and all other info and files the printer needs to print the job.
• Uses preflight information to troubleshoot problems or issues with files before they are sent to the printer. Completes necessary paperwork regarding the print files.
• Works with the in-house print shop or outside printing contractors to confirm jobs are printed correctly.
• Verifies that the design of visual products are consistent with Client’s branding standards, visual guidelines and logo policy.
• Educates department staff, clients and internal audiences about Client’s visual standards guidelines, proper logo use and related policies concerning materials developed outside of Graphics (DKC).
• Reviews other internal or external products, flags any branding concerns or violations, e.g., logo use, brand identity (colors), voice, font usage, and format), and suggests a remedy.
• Supports updates to the agency’s branding policy, standards and visual guidelines.
o Provides quality assurance review of graphic materials.
• Keeps manager, other graphic designers and clients/requestors informed on the status of projects.
• Supports department meetings, events, special projects and campaigns, when assigned. This includes participating in event/meeting/campaign planning discussions and serving as an event photographer.
• Collaborates with DKC and other Communications staff on other special projects and tasks, as needed.
• Verifies that printed, electronic and digital content is compliant with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act and accessible to people with disabilities (internally and externally).
• Serves as lead coordinator for the 2020 Administrator’s Excellence Awards events (luncheon, ceremony and reception), to include:
o Organizing and leading planning meetings;
o Maintaining and updating event planning materials;
o Developing, updating and reviewing AEA-related communications and promotional materials;
o Researching and providing recommendations for event production;
o Coordinating or delegating all event support (event production, ceremony content, catering, volunteer staffing, event security).
Education & Corresponding Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design (or closely related field) is required.
o With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 6 years of experience is required.
• Experience should be in graphic design, commercial art production, or a directly related field.
Required Technical Skills & Experience:
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook (Microsoft Office 2010 proficiency required).
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
• Knowledge of graphic design bleeds and how to properly set up files for a bleed.
• Knowledge of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, which requires federal agencies to make content accessible to people with disabilities.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Founded in 2002, ieSolutions is recognized as one of the largest locally owned Talent Staffing Services company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We deliver our best each day to provide Reliable, Fair, Collaborative and Compassionate services to our customers, candidates, and employees.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
ieSolutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.