Title: Jr. Project Manager
Job #: 6182
Location: Beaverton, OR
Local Area - Remote for now during crisis
Job Length: 2 year contract
This is an outstanding 2 year contract opportunity with our client, a well-respected market leader, located near Washington Square Mall in Beaverton. If you're a solid junior PM or senior Project Coordinator looking to add some legitimate project management experience to your resume, this is it.
The selected candidate will produce a project definition document, communication plan, risk plan, change management plan and overall project timeline plan. The candidate will be responsible for communicating requirements to the Data Services team throughout the project lifecycle.
• Partner with a Project Manager to meet or exceed client expectations for project deliverables
• Act as the primary point of contact for project status (including communicating status to management and executives, as requested) and deliver
daily project health reports
• Draft and maintain operational project timelines based on client requirements
• Ensure all project requirements are gathered, documented, approved, and implemented
• Manage interdepartmental communication, acting as a liaison between departments, removing roadblocks, and calling/managing meetings
• Manage project workflow to ensure standard processes are followed and communicate when requests unnecessarily deviate from the standard
• Document important project discussions, meeting takeaways, and recurring issues
• Communicate risk and provide solutions for risk mitigation
• Work with stakeholders to call out issues and provide solutions to create greater project efficiencies
• Respond to requests and concerns in a timely manner
• Complete all assigned tasks on-time and in accordance with provided requirements
• Open and manage Service Requests to document and track all project-related activity
Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Project Coordinator, Project Manager or closely related position
• Learn new processes or procedures with minimal direction and guidance
• Knowledgeable user in Microsoft Office with experience communicating technical business rules and requirements
• Strong analysis and research skills
• High attention to detail
• Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and time-sensitive projects, with changing priorities
• Proven problem-solving and analytical skills with an ability to approach a problem logically and systematically
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a professional, calm demeanor
• Ability to interact with all levels of managers and end-users in the organization
• Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships throughout the organization
• Critical thinking skills and the ability to efficiently gather and process information in a fast paced environment are required
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About APR Staffing:
APR Staffing was born from the merger of two well-respected technical staffing firms in Portland. ieSolutions, founded in 2002, enjoyed an impressive reputation as one of the largest locally-owned and most respected technical staffing companies. Professional Resource Group, aka Data Resource Group, founded in 2009, also earned regional acclaim for being a fast-growing and highly-motivated professional staffing agency. Both companies have been recent award winners for the Portland Business Journal's Fastest-Growing Private Companies. The two firms, now as APR Staffing, make for one of the fastest-growing and most-respected professional and technical staffing companies in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative professionals. We provide only high-caliber, professional-grade resources throughout the Pacific Northwest.
APR Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.