Title: Jr. Software Engineer
Job #: 5779
Location: Beaverton, OR
Duration: 1 year contract
This position entails the development and modification of extensions, or integrations into our Print platform, which supports high-volume, mission critical processing. The role will primarily focus will be hands-on support, enhancing and implementing client requests into the Print workflow leveraging .NET and SQL technologies. Proven ability to organize workload and priorities and complete tasks on time & to work effectively in a team environment. Acts as a resource for other software engineers; and a liaison between department manager and other analysts, as well as the business team.
Use Agile Scrum SDLC methodologies in the full life cycle software development process including requirements analysis, software design, prototyping, programming, debugging and testing of system software production applications. Participate in technical design and implementation. Troubleshoot complex software and data issues. Collaborate with fellow developers in areas of expertise as well as members of business unit. Demonstrate self-directed and proactive approach to solving problems. Develop, debug and deliver enterprise applications. Demonstrate self-directed and proactive approach to solving problems. Proactively mentor fellow developers in areas of expertise.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2 years of software development experience
- 1 years of experience with C#
- Demonstrable knowledge of the following technologies: C#, SQL
- Experience with Python and Post Script a plus.
- Self-starter capable of working on small teams in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills
- Proven problem solving abilities and creative thinking.
Work is fast-paced and performed in an office environment with extensive contact with clients and employees. The industry we serve demands the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism in safeguarding client and project information. Highly effective Class Action & Claims Solutions and Corporate Services associates thrive on being in an environment that rewards the following critical success factors:
1. Adaptability: Appropriately reacting to changing situations without a loss of effectiveness and enthusiasm for strategic initiatives and corporate goals.
2. Analysis: Identifying problems and causes or analyzing how processes and procedures could be improved, collecting relevant information and identifying possible solutions.
3. Attention to Detail: Appropriately completing all of the individual tasks accurately or according to workflow/process guidelines with an emphasis on reaching or exceeding quality standards.
4. Creativity: Being inventive, imaginative and innovative.
5. Development of Others: Providing the means for others to grow and develop personally and professionally within and across departments.
6. Energy: Maintaining a fast, active pace in the normal course of a day.
7. Flexibility: Going into situations without preconceived notions with a willingness to assess various options in order to determine a course of action.
8. Integrity: Strict adherence to job-related standards, values or norms.
9. Learning Ability: Understanding and applying new information.
10. Listening. Hearing and comprehending verbal messages and confirming back what you hear.
11. Team Player: Functioning as an active member of a group while maintaining focus on your individual contributions and responsibilities.
12. Verbal & Written Communication: Effective oral, written and nonverbal expression without preparation.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About APR Staffing:
APR Staffing was born from the merger of two well-respected technical staffing firms in Portland. ieSolutions, founded in 2002, enjoyed an impressive reputation as one of the largest locally-owned and most respected technical staffing companies. Professional Resource Group, aka Data Resource Group, founded in 2009, also earned regional acclaim for being a fast-growing and highly-motivated professional staffing agency. Both companies have been recent award winners for the Portland Business Journal's Fastest-Growing Private Companies. The two firms, now as APR Staffing, make for one of the fastest-growing and most-respected professional and technical staffing companies in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative professionals. We provide only high-caliber, professional-grade resources throughout the Pacific Northwest.
APR Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.