Job #: 8200
Title: Operations Analyst 3
Specialty: Transmission System Operations Mandatory Standard Compliance
Application Due Date: 10/20/2017
Additional Position Information:
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship REQUIRED
This full-time contract Operations Analyst 3 position will provide coordination and facilitation service for the development of our client’s System Operations (TO) within the Internal Operations Management (TOI) organization. The position will provide operations analysis support for Operating Agreements for North American Reliability Corporation (NERC) and Western Electricity Coordinating Counsel (WECC) Mandatory Standards Compliance. This position is located in the Vancouver, WA.
Position Responsibilities include:
Note: all official drafts, documents and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate manager / personnel with the authority to do so.
- Serve as the TO point of contact on a cross business line team from Transmission Chief of Staff (TA), Federal Energy Regulatory Committee (FERC) Compliance (CGF), Power Services (PS) and various other internal organizations in regards to coordinating shared responsibilities related to survey requests received from FERC, NERC, WECC or Peak.
- Coordinate, create and communicate process diagrams, written narratives and associated schedules for various aspects of NERC, WECC and FERC compliance and related regulatory affairs work:
- Draft mitigation plans, quarterly status updates to WECC and preparation for annual self-certification.
- Communicate to and coordinate information from TO Tier 3 managers and staff
- Propose priorities and prepare final documentation on assigned process for management approval.
- Assist management with clarifying roles and responsibilities for organizations involved in compliance matters.
- Verify that TO and other T organizations managers’ views are considered as processes are developed.
- Draft, and provide recommendation for training material related to compliance activities.
- Support Project Managers in testing compliance readiness by gathering system information, scheduling meetings and preparing communications; compile test results for compliance auditing purposes.
- Work collaboratively with TA, CGF and TO organizations for overall coordination on NERC and WECC Mandatory Compliance Standards and NERC compliance activities:
- Annual self certifications
- Quarterly status update to WECC on outstanding mitigation plans
- Compliance audits
- Collaborate and coordinate with TO managers on NERC/WECC Mandatory Standards and associated NERC compliance activities:
- Track mitigation plans; verify TO organizations meet required WECC status update dates.
- Assist in development and preparation of self reports and mitigation plans, as requested by the lead or implementing TO organizations.
- Provide assistance to managers, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and others in reviewing, coordinating, consolidating, and organizing TO comments on proposed NERC, WECC, FERC or other standards and revisions to existing standards.
- Work with assigned TO organizations to verify coordination among the organizations and consistency in approach to, and extent of, documentation when standards assigned to different TO organizations are similar or related.
- Provide assistance to SMEs, as requested or assigned, in preparing documents and related material to demonstrate compliance with NERC Standards.
- Participate in Reliability Council meetings and/or preparatory activities, especially as related to FERC, NERC or WECC mandatory standards compliance.
- Develop alternatives or plans for new or proposed mandatory standards, policies, programs or procedures related to compliance implementation for TO as directed.
- Assist TO Managers in developing forecasts of, or alternatives for, program reports, policy responses, systems or other information related to Mandatory Standards implementation.
- Assist in developing the “one” position on Regulatory Commission (RC) or compliance related issues as directed by management.
- Attend WECC Compliance User Group meetings, NERC workshops, and other relevant meetings as requested.
- Prepare meeting reports for TO managers, SMEs, and any other identified TO staff.
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Computer Science or a directly-related technical discipline is preferred. (Associates degree in applicable discipline may be substituted for 2 years required experience - see below).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management, Organizational Development or a directly-related technical discipline is highly desired (Bachelor’s degree in applicable discipline may be substitute for 4 years related experience – see below).
- A combination of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training. Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements Operations or Business Analysis and progressively more technical in nature:
- Minimum Related Experience:12+ years previous Business Analysis, Organizational Development or directly-related operations analysis experience is required without a degree. (8+ years with applicable Bachelor’s Degree as defined above; 10+ years with applicable Associate’s Degree as defined above).
- Experience with process development is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); MS Office 2010 proficiency is required.
- Experience working in the Electric Utility industry preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing policies, procedures and guidelines in a power utility is highly desirable.
- Experience in project management of complex projects with many requirements and divergent goals are desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ensure proper identification as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
- Up to 5% local travel to/from meetings is anticipated
- Must possess a valid Drivers’ License
- The selected candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as a condition of the contract assignment.
- This position may be eligible for situational offsite work, subject to the completion of an Offsite Work Memorandum of Understanding.
- RSA token shall only be utilized when conducting work directly related to the API. Any other work is unauthorized. Contract worker is responsible for the safe-keeping of the issued RSA Token at all times. If the RSA Token is lost or compromised, immediately contact the COTR. All information associated with the work performed offsite must be maintained in the network environment. No client information shall be allowed to be transmitted, stored, and created, etc., on the contract worker’s personal devices. Contract personnel must follow all client and government-wide security, asset management, and cyber security policies and procedures.
- Offsite work may only be performed within the client service area unless approved by the Labor Management Office (our client).Contract personnel must keep their employer informed of their work location at all times and must coordinate any changes with their employer and client before the change occurs.
*Note: Attendance at all conferences, workshops, training, etc. must be pre-approved by our client. For any such events, requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis; approval is subject to the most current guidance provided by our client or DOE and is subject to change. Our client reserves the right to negotiate attendance on billable/non-billable hours and reimbursement of travel costs with the supplier. Reimbursable travel costs must adhere to the Federal Travel Regulations and be submitted via an expense sheet.