Job Title: Agile Project Manager / Scrum Master
Duration: 1 yr. contract
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Our client is in the early stages of discovering opportunities to increase the focus on Agile delivery practices. They are seeking a flexible and high-performing individual to add to the team who will contribute experience and provide leadership to support the Agile transformation. This role will be a balance between facilitating servant leadership for the teams and performing the PM functions utilizing current methodologies and processes.
In addition, this individual will align with the IT leadership team to identify opportunities and implement practices to continue the Agile transformation journey.
This individual will deliver business value to the team and our customers by leveraging their delivery experience combined with strong collaboration and communication skills based on the expectations below:
- Manage small to medium Infrastructure and Cyber Security projects with “right sized” project governance. This will include guiding and supporting managers and project teams to independently manage smaller projects.
- Support the team in a gradual transition to Kanban/Scrum approach to project delivery
- Actively participate in the development of best practices and tools for solution delivery and Portfolio oversight
General Skills / Responsibilities
- Diligently report status and escalate issues to leadership as needed
- Gain and maintain the trust and support of all levels of leadership and team members.
- Demonstrate Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills with appropriate focus on attention to detail as appropriate
- Ensure a patient lead by example approach
- Provide excellent stakeholder facing and internal communication skills – demonstrated ability to create clear concise written and verbal communications.
- Work independently and within a team setting.
- Willingness to be flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Be Self-motivated and driven to deliver consistent quality performance
Required Education and / or Experience
- PMP Certification or Agile Scrum Certified –required
- 5+ years of related experience as a PM/Scrum Master on Technology Projects
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working on Scrum and/or Kanban teams in addition to experience as a PM on waterfall project teams with an IT organization and specifically on Technical Projects – Infrastructure project experience highly valued
- Proven Agile/Scrum/Kanban experience including
- Successful engagement on previous Agile / Scrum roles
- Recognized ability to approach role with flexibility as team matures and support them in the transition
- Experience coaching agile teams / new to the role scrum master – highly valued
Proven IT Waterfall project management
success in project oversight including the ability to:
Consistently monitor and measure project
performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques:Proficiency
in MS Office suite including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Demonstrate skills, knowledge and
experience to develop a project schedule and to track progress.Experience
with MS Project and or SmartSheets is preferred
· Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Experience