Product Specialist II
Duration 2 years
Application Dateline 07/25
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship/ Green Card REQUIRED
Provide product support and expertise for assigned product area. Analyze competitors and market data to identify opportunities and recommend product changes.
Support Product Planning Manager within product line related to strategy development and supporting information (data, trends, needs, reactions to competitors’ actions, etc.).
Manage Product Planning’s input for the Option Control System process. Provide data usage analysis for unpublished component coverage in order to determine potential inclusion of new product options as published. Recommend and implement changes as necessary.
Interface with all departments (engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, etc.) to insure assigned products receive regular product maintenance and the Data Books are up to date, reliable and contain the appropriate product option coverage. Insure marketing input is regularly funneled to the pricing activity, and that market-sensitive published pricing is maintained.
Provide product technical support and material suggestions for the development of content for FABS, product promotions and training materials.
Analyze competitive brand product lines, options, pricing strategy, product positioning, application, strengths/weaknesses, opportunities, threats and customer focus.
OVERVIEW OF THE BUSINESS GROUP AND TEAM:
This team is part of the marketing and strategy group. They handle marketing, pricing, sales support to the organization. Within Product Strategy; this team handles all the market analysis, trend analysis, product dev, and product management for the product development programs.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1 year of related experience OR an associate’s degree with 2 years of related experience OR 6 years of related experience required (experience should be similar to project management in a technical environment and some commercial truck industry experience would be preferred.)
- Technical Acumen is a must
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills required
- Ability to work in team setting required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required (2 years of experience)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities required
- Training and/or experience in lean principals, problem solving techniques and waste elimination preferred
This person will manage multiple medium sized product development projects. They will take over from the approval through the implementation stages. The candidate will have ownership and be able to make recommendations on improvements. Must be able to work well in a team, communicate well, collaboration is huge, detail oriented.
There will be job shadowing to start to ensure that items are being completed. They'll be reviewing the content to learn the departments, processes, and products.