JOB #: 8885
TITLE: Program Support Specialist 2
SPECIALTY: Communications Coordinator
APPLICATION DUE DATE: 2/20/2019
JOB LENGTH: 1 year +
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship REQUIRED.
Overtime: 5% anticipated
Travel: Up to 5% Travel to Meetings and Training
Public Trust Required: Selected candidate must be able to pass the Public Trust (SF-85P) Personnel background investigation in order to qualify for and/or retain this position.
This Program Support Specialist position will provide communications and technical writing and writing/editing support to the client. This position will review, create edit and distribute various communications; validating that content is timely, accurate, and relevant and engages appropriate audiences. Working within the Operations Team of the client, the position will provide the client communications support to internal organizational clients and the clients supplier partners, as well as providing writing/editing support to the clients Manager, Strategy/Policy Analyst, co-located Contracting Officer, Operations Team Lead and Contracting Officer’s Technical Representatives (COTRs), aiding in the execution and administration of procurement and program actions, directly impacting the realization of program goals. The client Communications Coordinator may also coordinate or assist with special projects to support process improvement initiatives or facilitate unique procurement actions in the client.
Note: All official drafts, documents and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate client manager or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
• Support on-going relationships and communication with both internal organizational clients and external suppliers while maintaining confidentiality of the supplemental labor procurement process.
• Become well-versed in the complete contract worker lifecycle, from initial job posting to assignment end, including the client system functionalities and client processes. Will utilize knowledge of the contract worker lifecycle to organize and conduct regular updates with supplier partners to review current job postings, disseminate pertinent information and solicit feedback.
• Analyze and synthesize information, and respond with plans and recommendations on messaging and communication mediums.
o Create and maintain systems for tracking changes to messaging.
• Develop cross functional partnerships; develop a customer service rapport with client managers, team members and supplier partners, and work diligently to nurture and maintain open communication avenues.
• Monitor and track status of day-to-day client operations and communicate this information on a regular basis to clients managers and supplier partners. Promote a consistent flow of information and feedback between the client and its supplier partners.
o Coordinate, organize, and schedule regular “Supplier Partner Updates.” Facilitate/host “Supplier Partner Updates,” providing program updates, job posting status, FAQs and other specialized information, as needed.
o Compile post-Update written summaries and provide to SLMO team for information/historical reference.
o As needed, coordinate, schedule and facilitate “Pre-Job Posting” supplier conferences.
o Collect post-selection feedback, review, consolidate and provide to supplier partners, as appropriate.
o Communicate with and educate managers, suppliers and contract personnel on client program requirements, processes and projects
• Provide additional client point-of-contact, follow-up and support for client managers during the contract job posting process.
• Develop or collaborate on development of change management plans for process changes or system updates impacting clients internal customers and/or supplier partners. Facilitate change management plan to ensure positive adoption of process changes or system updates.
o Collaborate with Public Affairs representatives to develop and disseminate client-related announcements or news stories having client-wide impacts.
o Partner with clients Release Coordinator to determine level/distribution of communication requirements and appropriate training approach (as needed), regarding Fieldglass enhancement releases.
• As documentation needs are identified, provide technical writing as needed, draft and/or edit program-related documents such as operating standards, process documents, step-by-step guides and various procurement documentation requirements.
o Update and maintain client documentation
o Facilitate versioning and tracking of documentation.
o Create and develop client forms
o Develop and publish/distribute the client Digest
· Review various documents and other materials; recommend revisions or changes to scope, format, and content. Propose reorganization of existing or new documentation as needed.
· Update and develop document templates as necessary to facilitate ongoing knowledge capture and retention.
· Actively participate in regular operational team meetings and frequent process improvement meetings
· May attend and participate in briefings, presentations, working groups, and task forces involving a wide range of supplemental labor-related issues and customer-driven improvement opportunities. Work to educate client customers through regular service request engagements, topic-driven training events, and one-on-one problem solving opportunities (see note above).
· Assist client operations team members and/or internal clients with the creation and editing/review of comprehensive “Additional Position Information” (“API”) documents or Statement of Work (SOW) documents.
o May perform in-person position reviews to validate/update API or SOW content.
o May perform in-person interviews with Contracting Officers (CO’s), Contracting Officers Representatives (COR’s), Mangers and other staff to gather information to be used for technical documentation or for supplier communications.
o Perform in-person interviews with Managers and other staff to develop organizational profiles for supplier communications.
· Deliver accurate and thorough completed work, maintain appropriate communications for ongoing work, respond to customer requests, and identify business partner and customer needs.
· As needs are identified, assist with, or perform program coordination tasks associated with special projects.
• Provide status updates for assigned work as requested.
Education & Corresponding Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Business or a related field is highly preferred.
• Associates degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Business, or a related field is preferred.
o With an Associate’s degree in applicable fields: 7 years of experience in program/project coordination/control and progressively more technical in nature is required.
o With a Bachelor’s degree in applicable fields: 5 years of experience in program/project coordination/control and progressively more technical in nature is required.
o No degree: 9 years of experience in program/project coordination/control and progressively more technical in nature is required.
• Related experience includes minimum combination of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training. Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business systems analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
Required Technical Skills & Experience:
• 4+ years of experience in, communications (such as corporate communications, change management communications, business services communications, etc.); extensive understanding of communications principles and practices, with additional strengths in writing and editing.
• 2+ years of customer support experience or experience in program/operational support positions.
• Proficiency with SharePoint sufficient to create lists.
• Writing and oral communication skills, listening skills, and analytical reasoning.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Process mapping experience, including expertise with process mapping software (Visio or other similar software).
• Some business analysis experience will be helpful in this position. However, this experience should be balanced with a work history that includes significant communications experience as well as some customer service, and/or operational support.
• Familiarity Visio and MS Project.
• Technical Writing experience.
Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
May be required to provide coverage during the hours of 7:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday to answer the client Help Line and respond to urgent emails in the mailbox.