Title: Business Systems Analyst 2
Specialty: Demand Model and Resource Planning
Application Due Date: 3/23/2018
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION
This full time contract Business Systems Analyst position will support our client’s Transmission Technology Services Internal Business Ops organization (TTB). This position performs systems analysis, interfacing with users to support functional requirements development, analysis of tools and techniques to support the development of systems, troubleshooting, analysis, performance monitoring and improvement of systems used by the Operations functions. This position is located in Vancouver, WA.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: This position requires confidentiality, professionalism and requires passing a higher level background investigation, for which the selected candidate must qualify to hold or continue to hold the position.
Position Responsibilities include:
Note: all drafts, documents, materials and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate manager/ or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
- Assist with developing and documenting processes and procedures to support TTB in the operation of an interconnected utility:
- Prepare and conduct program presentations, in-house and client training, job-aids, and functional education.
- Assist with development of necessary documentation to support reporting and audit requirements.
- Prepare technical reports, documents, studies, and system documentation as required.
- Create requirements documentation, review with user representatives, recommend priorities and obtain user signoff. Manage the requirements documentation created and map it to specific delivery releases and schedules
- Assist management in defining and developing metrics, reports and dashboards for users ranging from project managers to Front Office executives.
- Support organization system change and configuration management efforts:
- Serve as a process point of contact for the organization
- Support system modeling
- Define, develop, and document new processes and procedures as required
- Support process and procedure roll-out and implementation
- Develop and provide training as required
- Perform System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes.
- Conduct internal interviews and facilitate workshops to elicit business requirements.
- Research, analyze, model and organize information for developing / drafting and recommending requirements.
- Decompose high-level information into details and abstract up from low-level information to distinguish between solution ideas and business needs.
- Facilitate requirements validation sessions and present findings. Provide analysis and fact-based criteria to the requirements and/or solutions vetting process, incorporating analysis and criteria in decision-making materials and presentations.
- Prepare documentation for project development efforts (including use cases, requirements, test plans, process maps, and desk procedures) and working closely with development team and business teams to ensure successful implementation.
- Work with appropriate manager / personnel to facilitate resolution of conflicting priorities and requirements, as well as conflicting team positions in order to build consensus among internal stakeholders and project team members.
- Develop and present recommendations and supporting analysis for management decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer/Information Technology, Business Systems, Engineering or a directly-related technical field is required.Bachelor’s Degree in specified or directly-related field can be substituted for 2 years required experience.
- Required Experience: A minimum combination of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training is desired. Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of Information Technology, Business Systems, or other related IT specialty.
- Minimum Related Experience.This is a Level 2 Position:9 – 11 years of demonstrated analyst work experience in Computer/Information Technology, Business Systems and requirements engineering, operations management or a directly-related field is required without a degree. (8 - 10 years with an Associate’s degree as defined above; 7 - 9 years with a Bachelor’s degree as defined above).
- 1 year experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle for a high availability environment is required.
- 1 year experience in the use of change and configuration management tools/systems is required.
- 1 year experience with process development and roll-out is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Outlook and Project (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).
- Knowledge of and experience is required with the following:
- Software development Lifecycle methodologies
- Systems development and maintenance environments
- High availability environments
- Change management concepts and practices
- Configuration management concepts and practices
- Project management and coordination concepts and principles
- Compliance and standards as applied to systems development
- Experience in any aspect of the software development lifecycle for a utility environment.
- Experience with project management tools
- Experience with resource planning and scheduling tools
- Experience with financial analysis, tools and reports
- Ability to carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem solving abilities
- Self-directed and assertive in pursuit of root cause analysis, missing information and data requirements
- Ability to build credibility and trust among key project stakeholders
- Ability to meet timelines, milestones, deliverables and provide timely (weekly) status updates
- Proven ability to communicate technical information verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical users
- Experience providing a sustainable Infrastructure by supplying cross training and functional documentation
- Must be able to pass a Personnel background check pursuant for Public Trust (SF-85P), for which the selected candidate must qualify to hold or continue to hold the position.
- The selected candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as a condition of the contract assignment.
- This position may be eligible for situational offsite work, subject to the completion of a Labor Offsite Work Memorandum of Understanding.
- RSA token shall only be utilized when conducting work directly related to the API. Any other work is unauthorized. Contract worker is responsible for the safe-keeping of the issued RSA token at all times. If the RSA token is lost or compromised, immediately contact the COTR. All information associated with work performed offsite must be maintained in the network environment.No client information will be allowed to be transmitted, stored and created, etc., on the contract worker's personal devices. Contract personnel must follow all client and government-wide security, asset management, and cyber security policies and procedures.
- Offsite work may only be performed within the client service area unless approved by the Labor Management Office (our client).Contract personnel must keep their employer informed of their work location at all times and must coordinate any changes with their employer and our client before the change occurs.
- Local travel may be required for meetings/training, up to 5%.
- Valid Driver License is required.
* NOTE: Attendance at all training, workshops, conferences, etc. must be pre-approved by our client. For any such events, requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and approval is subject to the most current guidance provided by our client or DOE and is subject to change. Our client reserves the right to negotiate attendance on billable/non-billable hours and reimbursement of travel costs with the supplier. Reimbursable travel costs must adhere to the Federal Travel Regulations and are submitted via an expense.