Job #: 8190
Title: Project Manager 2 (Non-It)
Technical Development and Project Management
Application Due Date: 10/16/2017
Additional Position Information
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship REQUIRED
This full-time contract Project Manager position is located in the Real Property Services Organization (TERP) within our client’s Transmission Services. TERP provides services, products and support for project management, project coordination, business process improvements, information and records management, as well as realty technical support. This Project Manager 2 will facilitate the development of integrated project tracking, all project documentation, and Land Acquisition and Land Asset Management support systems for several hundred active projects from initial request to completion and close-out. This position will coordinate with other project managers and software engineers in the host organization, and all disciplines throughout Transmission Services, Environmental and Legal organizations. This position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Position Responsibilities Include:
Note: all official drafts, documents and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate manager / or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
- Support and facilitate manager-assigned project or multiple projects, from beginning to end, providing expert guidance on the PMI-based project management methodology, best practices, and internal skill development as requested by and with guidance from the manager, team lead or other personnel with the authority to do so, including:
- Serving as the primary Real Property Services point of contact (POC) for assigned projects.
- Facilitating the development of clear vision and scope statements that will guide in the development of a roadmap for improvement initiatives;
- Facilitating and maintaining consistent communication with the project sponsor, performance managers, and clients on the progress of the project versus the plan;
- Communicating regularly with Project Leads, key stakeholders, strategic partners, and Tier III managers across our client and in team meetings;
- Scheduling and facilitating project team meetings;
- Monitoring Real Property Services internal and external deliverables throughout the life of the project and alerting the Manager or other federal staff of changes to the schedule (timelines, milestones or deliverables);
- Coordinating with Real Property Services Resource Managers to verify project resource requirements for scheduling commitments;
- Monitoring and maintaining project status including stakeholder dependency milestones as well as the Real Property Services deliverable milestones;
- Monitoring any changes to project scope to verify that the project schedule and estimate are reflective of changes;
- Periodically monitoring and tracking current resource commitments to verify that they are adequate to meet project demands;
- Facilitating decision-making frameworks for prioritizing work, resolving conflicting priorities with Transmission Engineering project management and Real Property Services;
- Decomposing high-level information into details and abstracting up from low-level information to resolve solution vs. requirements conflicts;
- Working with business subject matter experts to document business requirements in support of business strategy;
- Evaluating and assessing business process change impacts and recommending appropriate change management and risk mitigation strategies;
- Working with appropriate manager / personnel to facilitate resolution of conflicting priorities and requirements, as well as conflicting team positions in order to build consensus among stakeholders and project team members.
- Proactively coordinate the Real Property Services project management activities including coordinating support from Geospatial Services, Survey and Mapping, Real Property Field Services, Real Property Valuation & Forestry and Real Property Services Technical Support.
- Coordinate with the TER OpEx Project Managers as well as the Real Property Services Resource Managers to develop a detailed Real Property Services project scope and a project schedule that is aligned with and conforms to the overall TER OpEx project schedule.
- Coordinate with Real Property Services Resource Managers to verify project resource requirements for scheduling commitments.
- With oversight and approval from the Manager, develop a multi-year roadmap for realizing the MS Project Server and Project Web Access (PWA) Vision; develop business processes to support the future state PWA/SharePoint vision.
- Provide ongoing development, management and maintenance of Project Web Access (PWA), a web-based application that incorporates Microsoft Project, SharePoint and Outlook applications.
- Take a pro-active stance on project risk management by:
- Anticipating and identifying potential areas of risk and obtaining guidance from appropriate manager or Contracting Officer;
- Tracking, monitoring and facilitating resolution of issues and risks identified within the projects, as well as compliance related dependencies;
- Maintaining issue, risk, and/or action logs;
- Developing, drafting and recommending contingency plans to minimize / eliminate risks on an ongoing basis for review and approval / acceptance by appropriate manager / personnel;
- Analyzing and identifying project risks, completing a risk registry and planning risk responses.
- Monitoring for risk triggers throughout the life of the project and assisting management with implementing risk response when required.
- Reassessing risks at key milestones throughout the life of the project and developing a plan of action to mitigate newly identified risks;
- Alerting stakeholders including the manager of Real Property Services Projects of any risks that will negatively affect the project scope or schedule.
- Support and facilitate the following functions:
- Written and verbal sponsor communication;
- Project team communications and coordination;
- Inter-project team communications and coordination;
- Issues and risk management;
- Coordination with IT resources;
- Coordination with the program enterprise architect;
- Team meeting and sponsor meeting management.
- Support and facilitate the following deliverables:
- Scope Definition and Management;
- Implement Organizational Design and Change Management with respect to a culture resistant to change;
- Process and System Design requirements;
- Communication and project management best practice gap analysis;
- Business improvement strategy implementation planning.
- When necessary, manage the successful transition of a project or program of projects to another project manager including any training, documentation, or meeting coordination required to bring the new PM fully up to speed on all critical aspects of the work and introduce them to executive sponsors and key stakeholders.
- This is a Level 2 position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable fields – 5-9 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution, is required. Applicable fields include a Bachelor’s in Engineering, Business Administration Organizational Development, Technical Management, Information Management, Computer Science or other related technical discipline.
- Bachelor’s Degree not in applicable fields—In lieu of a bachelor’s degree in the required fields, 7-11 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution AND completion of at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields is required: Accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (NOTE: Resume content must validate minimum 24 semester hours in the fields listed to qualify for this position). Resume must include a detailed list of the specific classes being claimed as "qualifying", including a list of specific semester hours for each class and the name of the education institution where the classes were taken (for example: Courses taken at Clark College: Accounting 101 - 3 semester hours; Accounting 102 - 3 semester hours, etc.). Must provide a crosswalk or reference in the education/experience portion of the qualifications matrix that points back to the coursework info provided in the resume.
- Responsible for medium-sized projects (typically more than $500K lifecycle cost to $2M lifecycle cost).
NOTE: “Typically” as it refers to project size is determined by an average of the workers assigned projects and also includes the complexity, visibility, sensitivity and risk of the projects within the past year and is not based on a single project funding amount. All documentation should clearly identify the worker as a Project Manager “contracted” to our client and include the name of the worker’s employer.
- Direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development, planning and execution is required.
- Professional knowledge of the principles, practices, techniques, and underlying concepts of Real Property Services, which may include Geospatial Services, Survey and Mapping, Real Property Field Services, Realty Support Services, or experience coordinating projects that include these support services is required.
- Ability to manage process reengineering, business transformation, and change facilitation is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating system, including Microsoft Office Suite 2010. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
- Expert level skills with MS Project and Visio are required.
- Advanced level skills with MS SharePoint and Access are required.
- Expert knowledge of project policies and procedures involving all phases of project execution from project inception to close-out is required.
- Proficiency using Visual Studio or SQL Server reporting is highly desirable.
- Energy/utility industry experience is desirable.
- Proven skills in Business Case Development.
- Leadership skills sufficient to direct multi-disciplinary teams to deliver projects on-time, within budget and with high customer satisfaction.
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to present information in various forms such as textual, graphical and statistical.
- Skill in modeling business process requirements, verification of deliverables.
- Skilled in the definition and development of operational governance models to enable programmatic change.
- Strong attention to detail, including the use of Project Management Professional tools, as well as data management and documentation management skills.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly, work independently, be self-motivated, self-disciplined and dependable with excellent team building and interpersonal skills, and a proven record for navigating amidst ambiguity.
- Understand and follow established processes and procedures including Change Management, Work Tracking and Time Management.
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of technical and business experts in both individual and group settings.
- Be self-motivated, self-disciplined, exhibit a positive attitude, and maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Deliver accurate and thorough completed work, maintain appropriate communications for ongoing work, respond to customer requests, and identify partner and customer needs.
- Work independently, work under deadlines and manage one’s time well.
- Keep work organized and confidential.
- Follow established processes and procedures.
- Ensure proper identification as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
- The selected candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as a condition of the contract assignment.
- This position may be eligible for situational offsite work, subject to the completion of an Offsite Work Memorandum of Understanding
- RSA token shall only be utilized when conducting work directly related to the API. Any other work is unauthorized. Contract worker is responsible for the safe-keeping of the issued RSA Token at all times.If the RSA Token is lost or compromised, immediately contact the COTR.All information associated with the work performed offsite must be maintained in the network environment.No client information shall be allowed to be transmitted, stored, and created, etc., on the contract worker’s personal devices. Contract personnel must follow all client and government-wide security, asset management, and cyber security policies and procedures.
- Offsite work may only be performed within the client service area unless approved by the Labor Management Office (our client).Contract personnel must keep their employer informed of their work location at all times and must coordinate any changes with their employer and our client before the change occurs.
- Up to 5% local travel to/from meetings may be required.
- Overtime is not anticipated, however it could occur at 10% or less.
- Valid state driver’s license is required.
*NOTE: Attendance at all training, etc. must be pre-approved by our client. For any such events, requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and approval is subject to the most current guidance provided by our client or DOE and is subject to change. Our client reserves the right to negotiate attendance on billable/non-billable hours and reimbursement of travel costs with the supplier. Reimbursable travel costs must adhere to the Federal Travel Regulations and are submitted via an expense sheet.