Job #: 8402
Title: Project Manager 3 (Non-It)
Specialty: Business Transformation
Application Due Date: 3/9/2018
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship REQUIRED
This full-time contract Project Manager 3 position is in our client’s Transmission Strategy & Business Management (TAS) organization. The primary focus of this role is to provide high-level project management services in support of Transmission strategic initiatives led by our client’s Transmission Services’ Strategy & Business Management (TAS) organization. This position will provide support to Management in defining and implementing strategic initiatives in for business transformation efforts. This project manager will interact with key managerial stakeholders and executives in the development of an overall strategy and roadmap to improve and streamline the core business processes used to deliver on the Transmission business model. This position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Position Responsibilities include:
Note: all official drafts, documents and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate manager / personnel with the authority to do so.
- Provide project management expertise and support and facilitate manager-assigned TAS Business Transformation strategic initiative projects, from beginning to end, providing expert guidance on the PMI-based project management methodology, best practices, and internal skill development as requested by and with guidance from the manager, team lead or other personnel with the authority to do so, including:
- Identify and request necessary subject matter experts needed during the project.
- Forecast and recommend / request appropriate project resources to fulfill project needs; recommended resource requests must be submitted to, coordinated with and provided by appropriate Performance Managers.
- Collaborate with business units and Performance Managers to resolve resource allocation issues.
- Schedule and facilitate project team meetings.
- Recommend an overall roadmap of efforts required to achieve program initiatives and project objectives (see Note above).
- Provide recommendations regarding project expectations, approach, roadmaps, work plans, deliverables and goals.
- Draft project plans, resource strategies and funding estimates required to advance each assigned project / defined effort.
- Alert manager of and obtain appropriate authorization for any potential changes to project cost, schedule or performance.
- Organize, coordinate and facilitate the work of project team(s) and serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects, includes recommending project stages and assessing business implications for each stage.
- Monitor progress of assigned projects to track timelines, milestones, deadlines, standards and targets, alerting appropriate manager / personnel of any obstacles / potential delays to project timelines, targets or success; provide corrective action recommendations.
- Coordinate activities for manager-assigned projects that enable goals or objectives to be accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters, escalating concerns to appropriate manager / personnel.
- Collaborate with manager and internal stakeholders to facilitate the tasks and activities of project team(s) and to properly understand related business needs, dependencies on other initiatives, and how best to effectively deploy end products.
- With manager / personnel assistance and guidance, address and navigate politically sensitive issues in a collaborative and professional manner.
- Provide background information, technical input, options and recommendations for project decisions as requested by manager / personnel; work with appropriate parties to facilitate resolution of conflicting team positions.
- Issue project status reports on a regular or as requested basis.
- Maintain consistent communication with project sponsors, performance managers, and clients on the progress of the project vis-a-vis the work plan.
- Collaborate and work with project sponsors and performance managers to remove obstacles impacting timely project completion.
- Draft a final project report, including project “lessons-learned”, for appropriate management review and approval / acceptance.
- Gather business requirements and needs analysis from various stakeholder perspectives.
- Perform gap analysis from the “as is” to the “to be” state.
- Take a pro-active stance on project risk management by:
- Anticipating and identifying potential areas of risk and obtaining guidance from appropriate manager or Contracting Officer.
- Tracking, monitoring and facilitating resolution of issues and risks identified within the projects, as well as compliance related dependencies.
- Maintaining issue, risk, and/or action logs.
- Developing, drafting and recommending contingency plans to minimize / eliminate risks on an ongoing basis for review and approval / acceptance by appropriate manager / personnel.
- Communicate regularly with executive sponsors, key stakeholders, strategic partners, and managers independently and in team meetings.
- Support and facilitate the following functions:
- Written and verbal sponsor communication
- Project team communications and coordination
- Inter-project team communications and coordination
- Issues and risk management
- Coordination with IT resources
- Coordination with the TAS program enterprise architect , to include business and data requirements to support business intelligence requirements and common information model needs
- Coordination with our client’s Business Transformation Office (BTO) to monitor and deliver on agency Key Strategic Initiatives (KSI’s)
- Team meeting and sponsor meeting management
- Integration Architecture Design; and
- End User Training
- Support and facilitate the following deliverables:
- Scope Definition and Management
- Process and System Design requirements
- Communication and project management best practice gap analysis
- Coordinate and assist management with transitions of identified project resources as needed. This may include gathering information from departing/transitioning resources to identify subject matter expertise, documenting workloads, identifying training requirements to facilitate smooth transitions.
- Assist with the identification of organizational alignment and culture change required to advance improvement efforts; draft and prepare revised processes and roles to approval of appropriate personnel.
- Facilitate the implementation of Organizational Design and Change Management requirements as developed within the TAS program and approved by the manager.
- When necessary, facilitate the successful transition of a project or program of projects to another project manager including any training, documentation, or meeting coordination required to bring the new PM fully up to speed on all critical aspects of the work and introduce them to executive sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable fields – 10+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution is required. Applicable fields include a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Management, Organizational Development or Computer Science.
- Bachelor’s Degree not in applicable fields: In lieu of a bachelor’s degree in the required fields, 12+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution AND completion of at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields is required:Accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management is required.Note:Matrix and resume content must validate minimum 24 semester hours in the fields listed to qualify for this position.
- No degree – 14+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution, is required.
- PMI or PMP certification is preferred and highly recommended.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Software (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook Project, Visio, MS Project and SharePoint); (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).
- Must have strong analytic skills
- Must possess root cause identification skills
- Experience influencing and integrating change in a large, diverse organization.
- Ability to lead project team and management review and decision making sessions supporting organization level improvement efforts
- Experience in resource planning is strongly desired
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing reflecting a clear, accurate, and courteous style.
- Ability to manage timelines, dependencies, project expectations, milestones and resource allocation and management in projects.
- Must be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution.
- Must have the ability to interact effectively at all levels of a large company
- Ability to navigate through competing priorities in order to accomplish tasks
- Ability to work in a professional manner, effectively, collaboratively, and constructively with all levels of personnel, inside and outside of the agency.
- Ability to carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem solving abilities.
- Ensure proper identification as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
- Up to 5% local travel to/from meetings is anticipated
- Must possess a valid US driver’s license
- Up to 5% Overtime may be required
- The selected candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as a condition of the contract assignment.
- This position may be eligible for situational offsite work, subject to the approval of the Manager and the completion of a Labor Offsite Work Memorandum of Understanding.
- RSA token shall only be utilized when conducting work directly related to the API. Any other work is unauthorized. Contract worker is responsible for the safe-keeping of the issued RSA Token at all times. If the RSA Token is lost or compromised, immediately contact the COTR. All information associated with the work performed offsite must be maintained in the network environment. No client information shall be allowed to be transmitted, stored, and created, etc., on the contract worker’s personal devices. Contract personnel must follow all client and government-wide security, asset management, and cyber security policies and procedures.
- Offsite work may only be performed within the client service area unless approved by the Labor Management Office.Contract personnel must keep their employer informed of their work location at all times and must coordinate any changes with their employer and our client before the change occurs.
*Note: Attendance at all conferences, workshops, training, etc. must be pre-approved by our client. For any such events, requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis; approval is subject to the most current guidance provided by our client or DOE and is subject to change. Our client reserves the right to negotiate attendance on billable/non-billable hours and reimbursement of travel costs with the supplier. Reimbursable travel costs must adhere to the Federal Travel Regulations and be submitted via an expense sheet.