Job #: 121217
Title: Project Manager/Product Owner
Duration: 1 Year Contract
Our client is seeking a flexible and high-performing Project Manager/Product Owner to support 2 teams. This resource will split time between Corporate IT as a Project Manager and Managed Services as a Product Owner. The details of each role is listed below:
Role 1: Corporate IT PM.
The Corporate IT team is currently transforming the Portfolio Process and Tools with the goal to increase value to the business. This role will be an important resource in the transition by supporting the teams and PMO director on the following Initiatives:
- Partner with the PMO director to develop and implement Portfolio and Project management practices and tools.
- Manage small to medium Infrastructure and Cyber Security projects with “right sized” project governance.This will include guiding and supporting managers and project teams to independently manage smaller projects.
- Support the team in a gradual transition to Kanban/Scrum approach to project delivery
Role 2: Managed Services Product Owner/Project Manager
Support the Managed Services team as a Product owner as the current PO transitions to a business role. This team is primarily focused on system maintenance and small scope enhancements which will not require a full time resource at this time. The Product Owner responsibilities will include:
- Be the owner and manager of the product backlog. Serve as the voice of the customer and work the team to support the managed services organization.
- The Kanban team will benefit from a PO who will be the liaison between the business and scrum team to increase the predictably of successful delivery.
- Act as a gate keeper (with the support of the leadership team) to ensure scrum team remains focused on current priorities.
This individual will deliver business value to customers using PM & PO skills combined with strong collaboration and communication skills based on the experience expectations below:
Skills / Experience Expectations:
- Strong commitment to project management process and tools with the mindfulness to adjust to current organizational maturity all the while guiding the teams to increase project delivery predictability
- Proven IT Waterfall project management success in project oversight including the ability to:
- Consistently monitor and measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques:Proficiency in MS Office suite including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required.
- Demonstrate skills, knowledge and experience to develop a detailed project plan and to track progress in MS Project.
- Effectively perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Proven Agile/Scrum/Kanban experience including;
- Experience serving as a scrum master and or product owner who partnered with a scrum master
- Recognized ability to approach role with flexibility as team matures and support them in the transition
- General Skills/Experience
- Diligently report status and escalate issues to leadership as needed
- Ability to gain and maintain the trust and support of all levels of leadership and team members.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills with appropriate focus on attention to detail as appropriate
- Excellent stakeholder facing and internal communication skills – demonstrated ability to create clear concise PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting.
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Self-motivated and driven to deliver consistent quality performance
Minimum three years’ experience working on Scrum and/or Kanban teams in addition to experience as a PM on waterfall project teams with an IT organization.
This resource will report to the PMO director who will provide oversight and direction on key deliverables as well as assist with prioritization between roles.