High-Rise Construction Industry
LOCATION: Long Beach, CA
Job #: P15823
Permanent F/T - Non-Exempt
The project manager is responsible for overall project performance, coordinating with the other members of the project team and the company at large for the timely and optimal utilization of resources assigned to the project. Works to ensure that project is completed within the established time frame and maximize budgetary parameters.
Assists in planning and coordinating system for design and implementation of projects. Such projects may involve the development of new data processing applications systems or the substantial modification of existing systems. Projects may also involve basic changes in methods and techniques employed. This position provides technical coordination and review with the project teams, but not direct administrative supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for project team and their responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain professional and effective relations with the owner, contractor and architect.
- Review and approve all owner change orders.
- Responsible for complete project budget, ensures change orders falls within budget requirements.
- Maintains close liaison with engineering team so the concepts and goals of the project are achieved, providing good technical guidance as needed.
- Reviews project contract to determine most appropriate procedures, prepares budget projections and requirements.
- Responsible for creating, reviewing, and implementing change orders.
- Prepares monthly billing to be submit to client.
- Ensures project buyout with subcontractors meets budget.
- Assists accounting with project budgeting, finance and cash flow.
- Approve all subcontractor, supplier, and material invoices for payment ensuring that applications for payment are promptly submitted, payments are received, and funds are property disbursed.
- Liaison with all subcontractors on jobsite. Responsible for contract and buyout of each subcontractor.
- Monitors activities to ensure compliance with any government regulations that may apply.
- Maintains close liaison with structural engineering firm, overseas all areas of contract scope is covered.
- Responsible for activities and the results of those activities specifically assigned and agreed upon.
- Completes assigned projects in a timely manner, within project resources.
- Ensures good coordination and effective project integration with existing systems.
- Secures approvals on specifications and project completion as appropriate.
- Keeps management informed of project progress and problems, particularly as to needed changes in schedule, resources, production, or installation.
- Prepares periodic progress reports, estimates, and re-estimates, including productivity analysis for the President, Operations and Accounting.
- Responds to problems in a timely, effective manner.
- Maintains appropriate expertise to ensure effective, solution-oriented service level.
- Attendance in the office/field during normal business hours.
Qualified Candidates Will Possess the Following:
Education: College graduate or equivalent; Construction Management or Engineering background preferable.
Experience: Prior experience working for a general contractor, mechanical subcontractor, or curtainwall subcontractor in the high-rise construction industry. Minimum 5+ year’s Project coordination or Project Management experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Experienced with MS Office programs.
Other Requirements: A self-motivated career professional that enjoys detailed project work, strong analytical skills, organizational skills, and works well under pressure. Position demands maturity, confidentiality, and the ability to interface with various departments and individuals. Must be flexible and able to work independently or as part of a team, as workflows dictate. Ability to develop procedures and training tools for increased efficiency. Travel and jobsite presence up to 50% time worked.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About APR Staffing:
APR Staffing was born from the merger of two well-respected technical staffing firms in Portland. ieSolutions, founded in 2002, enjoyed an impressive reputation as one of the largest locally-owned and most respected technical staffing companies. Professional Resource Group, aka Data Resource Group, founded in 2009, also earned regional acclaim for being a fast-growing and highly-motivated professional staffing agency. Both companies have been recent award winners for the Portland Business Journal's Fastest-Growing Private Companies. The two firms, now as APR Staffing, make for one of the fastest-growing and most-respected professional and technical staffing companies in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative professionals. We provide only high-caliber, professional-grade resources throughout the Pacific Northwest.
APR Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.