Job Number: 1696
Job title: Project Support Analyst (Legal -Commercial Contracts)
Location: Downtown Portland, OR
Duration: 1 year
Application Deadline: 5/11/18
Comp: competitive hourly rate with full benefits package including healthcare, dental, vision, 401K, LTD, STC, etc.
In this position you will support our client’s wholesale commercial contracts department that handles negotiations and administration of Qualifying Facilities (QF) Power Purchase Agreements (PPA).
The ideal candidate will have a legal/ paralegal background; someone comfortable digging through legal text and providing summaries etc.
Additional responsibilities include preparation of financial analysis and presentations in support of regulatory filings pertaining to power costs associated with QF energy purchases.
Manage commercial interactions with QF Sellers in accordance with QF contracting process and in compliance of state (OPUC) and federal (PURPA) requirements:
- Review provided project information and proposed contract terms
- Prepare timely responses to Sellers interested in entering into Power Purchase Agreements for Qualifying Facilities
- Track due dates and deliverables for company issued documents
- Document and preserve detailed log of all correspondence with Sellers
- Draft contract agreements using standardized templates and Developer supplied project information
- Maintain and update QF database (Seller information, project characteristics, contractual milestones, and tariff elements)
- Support regulatory and compliance filings, litigation activities, and Data Requests by extracting relevant data points from QF database
- Develop financial models in order to determine power costs and associated customer rate impacts due to energy deliveries from Qualifying Facilities
- Perform legal and regulatory research by interpreting existing FERC and state level commission orders pertaining to PURPA implementation or PURPA disputes, including drafting internal memos based on findings to aid in ongoing litigation activities
- 2+ years of experience in any of the following: Legal Research, Paralegal, Financial Analysis, Commercial Contracts Support, Project Support
- Excellent reading comprehension in order to understand implications of prior Case Laws and regulatory proceedings
- Excellent communications skills to effectively communicate policies and processes to external applicants
- Attention to detail including the ability to follow established standardized processes
- Working knowledge of Excel required
- Skills to create and present financial models- very basic models and will receive training
- Maintain flexible work hours if warranted
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship or Green Card REQUIRED