Title: QA Analyst
Job #: 6187-1
Location: Beaverton, OR
Job Length: 2 Years
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Job responsibilities require that the Quality Assurance Analyst meet the critical job demands, including but not limited to, the following key areas:
- Ensure that new and existing product functionality are reliable, defect free and function as intended
- Create, document, verify and execute component-level to user acceptance test plans and test cases
- Work closely with business partners and the application development team in eliciting project requirements to create test cases
- Participate in the development and reporting of test metrics; items such as test confidence and test coverage reports
- Review requirements specifications and identify gaps and inconsistencies
- Work closely with development engineers, business analysts, and other QA team members to identify, report, and troubleshoot defects; verify problem fixes in a detailed, efficient, and timely manner
- Provide leadership among other Quality Assurance Analyst positions, facilitating a lead role in providing direction and working directly with the Quality Assurance Manager.
- 5+ years’ experience in software Quality Assurance and testing roles emphasizing both “White Box” and “Black Box” testing strategies
- 3+ years’ experience in database testing with the ability to read, write, and execute basic SQL queries
- 1+ years’ experience working in an Agile software development life cycle methodology
- Must have at least 3+ years’ experience in the software testing of multi-tier client/server applications
- Ability to understand software development framework, architecture concepts, and terminology
- Experience in Microsoft Visual Studio Team System and Team Foundation Server technologies (2008 / 2010 versions)
- Innate project leadership: desires accountability and responsibilities to promote the success of our company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Excellent analytical and organizational skills; Strong deductive reasoning
- Ability to multi-task and work separate projects in a fast paced & dynamic company environment and extremely tight timelines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited direction or as part of a team
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About APR Staffing:
APR Staffing was born from the merging of two well-respected staffing firms in Portland. ieSolutions, founded in 2002, has a long history as one of the largest locally owned technical staffing companies. Professional Resource Group, aka Data Resource Group, founded in 2009, also earned wide-spread acclaim for being a fast-growing and highly motivated professional staffing agency. Both companies have been recent award winners for the Portland Business Journal's Fastest Growing Private Companies. The two firms, now as APR Staffing, make for one of the fastest growing and most respected professional staffing companies in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
APR Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.