Title: QA Data Analyst
Location: Beaverton, OR
Job Length: 2 years
This position requires that the QA Data Analyst meet the critical job demands, including but not limited to, the following key areas:
- Confirm the accuracy of initial import of data involving thousands of records
- Confirm the accuracy of various data updates and extracts, which involves understanding the logic of complex queries/stored procedures based on requirements, writing appropriate test queries, and executing them to verify the logic and data
- Work closely with business partners and the application development team in eliciting project requirements to create test cases
- Review requirements specifications and identify gaps and inconsistencies
- Work closely with development engineers, business analysts, and other QA team members to identify, report, and troubleshoot defects; verify problem fixes in a detailed, efficient, and timely manner
- 2+ years’ of very strong experience in database testing with the ability to understand, write, and execute very complex SQL queries, and understand the logic of stored procedures
- 1 + years experience working with T-SQL, or ANSI-89 / ANSI-92 .
- Expert level T-SQL to include thorough understanding of the following concepts:
- Aggregates: COUNT, SUM, MAX/MIN, DISTINCT, GROUP BY, HAVING
- JOIN, ANSI-89 and ANSI-92 syntax.
- UNION vs UNION ALL
- NULL handling
- Sub queries: IN, EXISTS, and inline views, Correlated Subqueries
- Constraints, Primary keys, foreign keys, defaults
- Error trapping
- BCP, BULK INSERT
- Advanced stored procedures and user defined functions programming
- Should have at least 3 + years experience in a Software QA role understanding the entire software life cycle and various QA/testing methodologies/techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Excellent analytical and organizational skills; Strong deductive reasoning
- Ability to multi-task and work separate projects in a fast paced & dynamic company environment and extremely tight timelines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited direction or as part of a team
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About APR Staffing:
APR Staffing was born from the merger of two well-respected technical staffing firms in Portland. ieSolutions, founded in 2002, enjoyed an impressive reputation as one of the largest locally-owned and most respected technical staffing companies. Professional Resource Group, aka Data Resource Group, founded in 2009, also earned regional acclaim for being a fast-growing and highly-motivated professional staffing agency. Both companies have been recent award winners for the Portland Business Journal's Fastest-Growing Private Companies. The two firms, now as APR Staffing, make for one of the fastest-growing and most-respected professional and technical staffing companies in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative professionals. We provide only high-caliber, professional-grade resources throughout the Pacific Northwest.
APR Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.