Job #: 8211
Title: Project Manager 2 (Non-IT)
Specialty: Business Improvement and Operational Excellence Initiatives
Application Due Date: 10/24/2017
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION:
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship REQUIRED
This full-time contract Project Management 2 position will support the Transmission Field Services, specifically, Field Strategy and Operational Excellence (TFA). TFA provides support services including Work Planning & Evaluation (TFAW), Business Controls and Information (TFAI), and Business Transformation (TFAB) to the Transmission Field Services organization. This position will work collaboratively and across transmission organizations to assist management with developing and implementing business improvement and operational excellence initiatives. This position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Position Responsibilities include:
Note: all official documents and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate manager / personnel with the authority to do so.
- Support and facilitate manager-assigned projects/programs for improvement initiatives, strategies, projects and services that affect the operations, construction, and maintenance of the transmission systems that enable/maintain compliance with one or more of the regulating bodies, as well as projects intended to improve business practices.Provide expert guidance on the PMI-based project management methodology, best practices, and internal skill development from project beginning to end, as requested by and with guidance from the manager, team lead or other personnel with the authority to do so, including:
- Assisting managers with identifying and requesting necessary subject matter experts needed during the project.
- Assisting with forecasting and recommending / requesting appropriate project resources to fulfill project needs; recommended resource requests must be submitted to, coordinated with and provided by appropriate performance managers.
- Collaborating with business units and performance managers to resolve resource allocation issues.
- Scheduling and facilitating project team meetings.
- Recommending a roadmap of efforts required to achieve program initiatives and project objectives, (see Note above).
- Providing recommendations regarding project expectations, approach, roadmaps, work plans, deliverables and goals.
- Drafting project plans, resource strategies and funding estimates required to advance each assigned project / defined effort.
- Alerting manager of and obtaining appropriate authorization for any potential changes to project cost, schedule or performance.
- Organizing and coordinating the work of project team(s) and serving as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects, includes recommending project stages and assessing business implications for each stage.
- Monitoring progress of assigned projects to track timelines, milestones, deadlines, standards and targets, alerting appropriate manager / personnel of any obstacles / potential delays to project timelines, targets or success; provide corrective action recommendations.
- Coordinating activities for manager-assigned projects that enable goals or objectives to be accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters, escalating concerns to appropriatemanager / personnel.
- Collaborating with manager and internal stakeholders to facilitate the tasks and activities of project team(s) and to properly understand related business needs, dependencies on other initiatives, and how best to effectively deploy end products.
- Providing background information, technical input, options and recommendations for project decisions as requested by manager / personnel; work with appropriate parties to facilitate resolution of conflicting team positions.
- Issuing project status reports on a regular or as requested basis.
- Maintaining consistent communication with project sponsors, performance managers, and clients on the progress of the project vis-a-vis the work plan.
- Collaborating and working with project sponsors and performance managers to remove obstacles impacting timely project completion.
- Drafting final project reports for appropriate management review and approval / acceptance.
- Take a pro-active stance on project risk management by:
- Anticipating and identifying potential areas of risk and obtaining guidance from appropriatemanager or Contracting Officer;
- Maintaining issue, risk, and/or action logs;
- Developing, drafting and recommending contingency plans to minimize / eliminate risks on an ongoing basis for review and approval / acceptance by appropriate manager / personnel.
- Communicate regularly with executive sponsors, key stakeholders, strategic partners, and Tier II managers across independently and in team meetings.
- Support the following functions:
- Written and verbal sponsor communication;
- Project team communications and coordination;
- Inter-project team communications and coordination;
- Issues and risk management;
- Coordination with IT resources;
- Coordination with the program enterprise architect;
- Team meeting and sponsor meeting management
- Support the following deliverables:
- Scope Definition and Management;
- Implement Organizational Design and Change Management with respect to a culture resistant to change;
- Process and System Design requirements;
- Communication and project management best practice gap analysis;
- Business improvement strategy implementation planning;
- Integration architecture design; and
- End user training
- Facilitate the creation and documentation of revised processes and org roles and responsibilities.
- When necessary, facilitate the successful transition of a project or program of projects to another project manager including any training, documentation, or meeting coordination required to bring the new PM fully up to speed on all critical aspects of the work and introduce them to executive sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management, Organizational Development or a related field is required.
- Related Experience - Direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution is required
- Minimum Experience Required:Level 2 - Five years work-related experience in Project Management or a directly- related area is required.
- Demonstrated experience with analysis, project and change management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle is required.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing communication plans and strategies for medium sized companies is required.
- Expertise in project management, tools and phases of the project lifecycle is required.
- Experience in Organizational change management is desirable.
- PMP certification is desirable
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale organizational change efforts is desirable.
- Experience in Business Transformation is desirable.
- Experience in resource planning is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with the Prosci methodology for Change Management is desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Software (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Visio flowcharts, MS Project and SharePoint); (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).
- Experience with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Meet timelines, milestones, deliverables and provide timely status updates
- An understanding of how people go through a change and the change process; including familiarity with change management toolkits
- Ability to build credibility and trust among key project stakeholders
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Strong analytic and decision making abilities
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to present information in various forms such as textual, graphical and statistical
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Ability to lead project team and management review and decision making sessions supporting organization level improvement efforts
- Must be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution.
- Ability to navigate through competing priorities in order to get tasks completed
- Ability to carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem solving abilities.
- Must work in a professional manner, effectively, collaboratively, and constructively with all levels of personnel, inside and outside of .
- Local travel may be required, up to 5%.
- Overtime may be required, may be up to 10%.
- The selected candidate will be required to sign aNon-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as a condition of the contract assignment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position may be eligible for situational offsite work, subject to the approval of the Manager and the completion of a Supplemental Labor Offsite Work Memorandum of Understanding.