Title: Scrum Master
Job #: 5662-1
Location: Beaverton, OR
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a fantastic position with a billion-dollar market leader in Beaverton. This position is responsible for managing the development and maintenance of enterprise level software solutions.
- Plans and drives the delivery of high quality, on-time/on-budget, impactful releases.
- Works closely with product managers and engineering managers to ensure products meet or exceed customers’ feature/functionality requirements.
- Ability to drive multiple projects effectively.
- Act as Scrum Master
- Work with cross-functional teams to facilitate/drive sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos.
- Assist the Product Owner with keeping the backlog groomed.
- Maintain relevant metrics to provide visibility to Engineering as well as cross-functional teams.
- Monitors changes relevant to the project. Ensures formal change control is enacted for modifying project commitments for schedule, staffing or committed scope.
- Creates project plans, identifies tasks, acquires estimates for tasks, and prepares schedules.
- Manages risks to the successful completion of the project. Identifies, classifies, prioritizes, mitigates and develops contingency plans for risks appropriately.
- Identifies and communicates milestones to project teams and provide project status updates to stakeholders and senior management team.
- Understands Business contexts and priorities to exercise sound judgments in driving projects.
- Leads and drives continuous process improvement. Enforces defined engineering standards, processes, and practices.
Client Focus – Engages with the clients, both internal and external, and their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback; appropriately meets client needs without jeopardizing business outcomes or results.
Coaching for Results - Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge and/or skill areas necessary to accomplish specific objectives or tasks; helps to clarify the situation and expected behaviors; provides instruction and opportunities for observation; provides on-going feedback and reinforcement
Managing Performance - Ensures that associates have clear goals and objectives, expectations and measures of success for projects and tasks; clearly assigns or delegates responsibility for tasks and assignments; monitors the process of work as well as progress toward completion and final results; provides specific performance feedback, both positive and corrective, as soon as possible after event
Developing Others - Provides support and direction towards the development of individuals’ knowledge and skills to effectively facilitate their accomplishment of both current and future job responsibilities; partners with individuals on identifying and setting development goals; helps to identify development opportunities as part of the plan; provides continuous feedback on performance and progress and assists in the adjustment of development plans; ensures management team adheres to business defined talent management practices and procedures
Fosters Teamwork - provides opportunities for people to learn to work together as a team; promotes cooperation with other departments; recognizes and encourages the behaviors that contribute to teamwork, continuous support and removal of barriers, appropriately involves team members in decisions and leverages unique talents of the team
Empowering Others - Gives people latitude to make decisions based on their level and area of responsibility and level of knowledge and skills; encourages individuals and groups to set their own goals, consistent with business goals; expresses confidence in the ability of others to be successful; encourages groups to resolve problems on their own; avoids prescribing a solution
- Strong oral and written communication skills are a must
- High energy, proactive and approachable personality who enjoy solving diverse problems
- Proven problem-solving abilities and creative thinking
- At least 7 years of Software development experience, with at least 2 years in a management role
- Ability to positively interact with all members of development team
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented development theory
- Experience working with an RDBMS; such as Oracle or SQL Server
- Knowledge of concurrent programming challenges: multi-threading, race conditions, deadlock, semaphores, etc.
- Familiarity with developing or working in a Windows environment (Visual Studio, TFS)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO W-2 CANDIDATES ONLY. NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Founded in 2002, ieSolutions is recognized as one of the largest locally owned Talent Staffing Services company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We deliver our best each day to provide Reliable, Fair, Collaborative and Compassionate services to our customers, candidates and employees.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
ieSolutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.