Job #: 10097
Title: Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Duration: Direct Permanent Placement
Our Portland based client is actively seeking a Senior Linux Systems Administrator. This hands-on technical position will report directly to the CTO and be part of a team that has a track record of successfully launching and growing technology companies. The primary responsibilities of this position are to manage the production technical infrastructure, operations, and security.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain day-to-day operations and documentation of critical 24x7 production systems.
- Respond to alerts and support calls after normal business work hours and on the weekends.
- Work with external vendors to maintain our client’s hosted infrastructure and 24x7 help desk.
- Perform scheduled after-hours tasks as required.
- Ensure that appropriate storage and redundancy is maintained in overall infrastructure.
- Ensure that IT systems are in compliance with internal and customer security policies.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of the Production systems.
- Troubleshoots server, software and hardware issues.Monitors usage and performance.
- Assist with scheduling and implementing system and software upgrades or repairs.
- Five or more years of hands-on IT operation & system administration experience.
- Strong technical expertise with Linux, database, virtualization and networking.
- Ability to function effectively as an active member of a small technical team and to work independently as projects require.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing business objectives and to be flexible in a small, early-stage entrepreneurial company.
- Knowledge of VMware technologies.
- Knowledge of storage management.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and network monitoring.
- Knowledge of technical writing principles and practices.
- Skill in software installation and maintenance.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients and public.